Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

fedoracentric

Banned
Any Borso experts have a handle on when this crushable was made? Here is the label...

Borsalino_Crushable_label.jpg

It came in one of those white triangle-shaped boxes (in nearly perfect shape, too) and the hat is in pristine condition. Don't think it was ever used much. It has the yellow onion skin styled liner protector.

Borsalino_Crushable_Brwn01.jpg
Borsalino_Crushable_Brwn05.jpg

Size 7-1/4.

Last edited:
It looks very nice and should freshen up nicely with steam. These hats are sometimes referred to here as "rollables" but catalogs posted earlier in this thread show that the boxes were made available at retail to facilitate shipping and transport of the hats home from Europe. I have a number of these - none had been worn before. Perhaps they were purchased as gifts.

The true rollable was the Borsalino Pocket Hat.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
I recently acquired one as well. Great hat and shaped up nicely with steam. It was clearly not meant to be crumpled up in the little box all of these years. However, mine has a reeded sweatband, which I seems a little out of the ordinary.

Purplesage

One Too Many
Got this Borsalino from a lady in Bulgaria. Not too familiar with the Borsalino "Trionfo" which I guess translates Triumph in English. It did have a cellophane liner cover which was pretty cracked when I got it so I just removed what was left of it. The lady I bought the hat from said it was from the 20s but I have no way to confirm that. Considering that it had a cellophane liner cover I doubt that. I'm thinking that it dates to the early 50s or older! I welcome any additional information about this hat.

photo1-694_zpsf85b4f02.jpg

photo3-567_zpse1a09c6a.jpg

photo1-698_zpsdf4ed367.jpg

photo3-571_zpsa2ea5aca.jpg

photo3-572_zpsb9a74c01.jpg

photo5-633_zpsef302a45.jpg

photo2-584_zps8e050ce2.jpg

photo5-635_zpsf40bcc04.jpg

photo5-634_zpsdc048b7e.jpg

photo4-569_zps486021df.jpg

Last edited:

Purplesage

One Too Many
Thanks for the compliments guys. I didn't do a Google search on Scott & Company Ltd., Boston. I wonder if they are still in business?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy