Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
This is a Borsalino that I managed to home run on listed as a 57 Uk 7 it's in fact a Punti 7, condition is really nice a small very light surface moth nibble on the front of the underside of the rim it does need re-blocking ideally as it came in a pork pie crease which was not too fantastic, a tad too big for me and not my colour I think it should cause quite a stir because of its size when it hits the auction room (well site)(link will be in classifieds)
15362059487_3365fbc227_c.jpg

15548088235_155f082b63_c.jpg

14927912003_94ac70a972_c.jpg

15548075095_f62ccc2166_c.jpg

2 1/2" Brim
4 3/8" Crown with bash

Landman

One Too Many
Alan, beautiful hat!

ytt, great find! I don't think I have ever seen an older Borsalino in such a large size. I really like the mid width ribbon and tip sticker.

Gavin Ramejkis

New in Town
I think I know the ebayer selling that lot, has some nice hats left but none my size, that Homburg is perfect, missed out on another like that a month or so ago

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Is it my imagination, or do Borsalino hat boxes not come around very often? Did Borsos not come with boxes, or have they just not survived?

A

Is it my imagination, or do Borsalino hat boxes not come around very often? Did Borsos not come with boxes, or have they just not survived?

A

Borsalino branded hat boxes do show up and in reasonable numbers considering they had a long way to travel. I have bought several hats in what appear to be original boxes - also several that came in department store branded boxes (Marshall Field) that were provided to the original purchaser. And of course the little trapezoidal boxes from Italy show up with regularity. They are out there, but not in the numbers of their American cousins.

One of very few hats that I purchased and then returned. Advertised as a 7, it is a punti 4 and wears closer to 6 3/4. At least I don't have to spend half a day unrumpling.

tinyfeatherweight1.jpg

tinyfeatherweight2.jpg

tinyfeatherweight3.jpg

tinyfeatherweight4.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab

A

Aaron, another reason boxes may be rare is Borsalino often ships hats in bigger bulk boxes by the dozen or so. I have seen these boxes at the semi-local Borsalino shop. They look like small barrels.

Just picked up my first Borsalino (Allesandria) earlier this week. Should be here by weeks end. Will post pics here upon its arrival. In the meantime, here is an inside shot of the hat.

borso.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
Looks great from the bottom! i always get excited seeing that corregated front on the sweatband.Can't wait to see the rest, congrats.

Alan, Charlie, Tommy, Ghost Rider, thank you kindly!
I have been looking for a vintage Borso in my size for quite some time, but they either don't come up for sale, or the seller wants an exorbitant amount for them. I was excited to find this one (which appears to be in very nice shape), and in my price range. Finally!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred