Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Worf

I'll Lock Up
It does look sick looking for sure. I like the interesting size adjustment with the buckle. Looks to be handmade.Barry could make one I am sure.

Sorry... I'm a noob at hats and caps... I've got one Biltmore, two Stetsons, 4 straw hats from this summer and a VS coming but that about the extent of my knowledge... 'Who's Barry?

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Errr StuffSmith... those are some "interesting" patterns. Some are qute cool, some scream "golf course" and some scream neon colored pimp-mobile. No insult intended. Been to your fair city twice, enjoyed myself greatly. You vary up your basic design you might have a cottage industry on you hands.

Worf

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Well, maybe I've got a new career in pimping out golf carts, because that pink/purple cap gets a hell of a lot of wear, and a few gasps of appreciation to boot!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Well, maybe I've got a new career in pimping out golf carts, because that pink/purple cap gets a hell of a lot of wear, and a few gasps of appreciation to boot!

Touche... No in all honesty I could see a lot of people rockin' the more outlandish colors. American athletes feel the more garish the better.

Worf

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Keith,

You can also have a look at the 'Community' link at the top of the page. Under there you will find 'Groups'. There is a group for fans of Barry Simonds caps. Barry posts lots of photos of his work in that thread.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Last edited:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Here's my first proper vintage newsboy cap... I was sold it as 1930's - can anyone verify this? It fits great and the wool is gorgeous - I'm a happy boy.
IMG_9996.JPG

IMG_9998.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

It's lovely fabric. I'm a great fan of the Shepherd's Check. The large sized crown button would tend to suggest a newer date (late 50s onwards) on it. What is the sweatband material made of?

Here's my first proper vintage newsboy cap... I was sold it as 1930's - can anyone verify this? It fits great and the wool is gorgeous - I'm a happy boy.
IMG_9996.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic