Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

DamianM

Vendor
All those caps are early 20s and not for everyone. Every cap is not the same
Really slim on the side with long visors.

And no im not trying to scare people away from them to let me have them :p

Last edited:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
They may be slim on the sides, Damian, but they are completely adjustable with buckles which is why you can get those larger measurements. I got one of those caps on his last round and it's actually fantastic. I'm basing a new pattern on it, in fact.

DamianM

Vendor
I mean they are slim as in volume. not fit.
Mister freedom seems to have modeled their caps out of these. Slim cut with long visors.

They have a very specific look to them that makes them stand out a bit more then the "newer" versions.

Last edited:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Le Couteau, tweaked. 1930's crépe wool, 1920's kimono silk liner, full leather sweat, 1910's vest buttons, leather visor, vintage snap.

Le_Couteau-V2-1.jpg Le_Couteau-V2-2.jpg Le_Couteau-V2-3.jpg Le_Couteau-V2-4.jpg Le_Couteau-V2-5.jpg Le_Couteau-V2-6.jpg Le_Couteau-V2-7.jpg Le_Couteau-V2-8.jpg Le_Couteau-V2-9.jpg Le_Couteau-V2-10.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Ok catchin up here.....

Keith,
your Le Couteau & the salmon color 8 panel caps are beautiful.
just incredible fabrics , very well done !!!

Damian,
your 20's cap modeled by Resortes is very nice.
your using some fine vintage fabrics , good work !

keep up the positive creativity guys....
che

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Keith, please post a close up of your label. It almost looks woven but seems too fine to be. If it is printed, it's fantastic!

Also, I see little reason for you to buy any more caps, your pretty damn handy at turn'n em out.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Funny you should request that, Mike - my new woven labels arrived not an hour ago in the mail! Yes, the earlier one was printed on cotton - this one has more colors and is woven on damask.

well-dressed-woven.jpg

Also, I see little reason for you to buy any more caps, your pretty damn handy at turn'n em out.

Well, how's it go? "Ain't nothin' like the real thing baby.."

KEITH!!!! I have been without reliable intenet for a while and couldn't see the pictures. Man! What great work. I really love the color of the cotton plaid one, and that pleated model is truly a work of art. Great job on those.

Damian your latest pleated model is impressive looking as well! A real couple of cap ninjas you guys have become.

Jack M that's a killer combination for a cold day. I really dig that tweed fabric. Is that a B-wear?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
KEITH!!!! I have been without reliable intenet for a while and couldn't see the pictures. Man! What great work. I really love the color of the cotton plaid one, and that pleated model is truly a work of art. Great job on those.

Many thanks, Dale! Geez, I thought Australia was the only place on earth without reliable internet! ;)

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Ed, there is plenty of very high-tech, but the small population and lack of viable competition creaters one of the only places I know of where you STILL cannot get truly unlimited data on a plan. Most expensive internet in the world, I read not long ago.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Hey Ed, I just happened upon an old thread that chronicles you showing Johnny C an 8 dart Mister Freedom and it bowling him over and starting him on his cap-making exploits! I never knew you were the instigator. Belated thanks to you!!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Yes I worked with Johnny to encourage him to make caps.
We wanted more Mr Freedom style caps. An it lead to this cap making group. Thanks to Johnny for setting a high standard for others to follow.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
I was so busy on my pleated Couteau that I neglected to post this li'l cap I made earlier in the month, using Baron Kurtz' 1930's denim workwear cap as a pattern. This one features 1940's raw kimono silk on the outside, vintage check cotton liner, vintage grosgrain ribbon band. Simple, but easy-wearing for warm weather.

silk-workwear-1.jpg silk-workwear-2.jpg silk-workwear-3.jpg
silk-workwear-4.jpg silk-workwear-5.jpg silk-workwear-6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic