Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I just wanted to mention that I got my second B! Wear cap (in black/white herringbone) this weekend - a mere three days after ordering. You can't beat that kind of service!

The construction is identical to the brown herringbone one I got last year, but there are some subtle differences:

The suede sweatband is different colors on each: black on the b/w one vs. light brown on the brown one. (The lining is black on both.)

The wool on the new one is considerably thicker. This causes this cap to drape a bit differently: it looks less boxy/squared off and more like an average newsboy cap.

I'm not sure if this is also a function of the thicker wool, but the new cap fits tighter than the old one. Both are Mediums, but the older one is a generous 7-1/8 - maybe even a hair bigger - whereas the new one is halfway between a 7 and 7-1/8. It still fits me well, but the back rides a bit higher on my head.

And as far as the suede sweatband goes, it does grip more tightly than leather, but it also has a nice "less constructed" feel to it. I've owned newsboy caps with leather sweats before (not to mention synthetic cloth sweats), and I like the suede better. But there's no question that it's unusual and takes a little getting used to.

Anyway, I'm really happy. These caps are definitely outstanding for the price.

(Sorry, I've got no access to a digital camera at the moment, so no pictures, alas.)

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
ukali1066 said:
It's a grey newsboy/Gatsby I got for the lovely price of £4.99 from H&M...a high street fashion shop over here in the UK, I also got the same cap but in a brown shade, lovely caps for the money.

I tried them on the other day, but found them too flat/small on the top. Not bad at all, and certainly not expensive, but just not right for my head somehow. I kept trying to draw the crown more to the left or the right, and there wasn't anything to draw.

Bebop

Practically Family
You guys all look decent wearing a cap. I must have a weird, lopsided head because no matter which cap I wear, there is too much material on the right side and it bunches up. I am envious! :mad:

Nigel

One of the Regulars
OK, here's my submission for the Cap Faction. This is my first newsboy from BWear in charcoal gray. Please excuse the pic it was a rushed shot, done when I arrived home from work.
normal_newsboy2.jpg

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Does that crown of that cap move around when you move your head, or is the material heavy enough to resist shifting?

It's heavy enough to stay where it's placed:)
It'll take a bit of getting used to for me, there seems to be a lot of material in it. I'm thinking the brown herringbone might have been a better choice, an excuse perhaps to invest in anotherlol

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Nigel said:
OK, here's my submission for the Cap Faction. This is my first newsboy from BWear in charcoal gray.

At least in the picture, you don't really see the panels. I like the look.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I submit my application

Great pictures everyone. I finally got around to taking some pictures of my own. Here is my application for The Cap Faction.

An inexpensive Scala I recently picked up
camerabuy.php

And my BCF (Hard to pass up for $7.00)
camerabuy.php

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Nigel,
Most panel caps are too large on me as well. The BCF doesn't have as much material as some of the others I've tried on.

I think that the actual brand is Pierre Cardin. I'll have to double check when I get home. (Yes, I'm on the Lounge at work. Shame on me...again.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner