Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Conversion Corral

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Incredible attention to detail Josh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job,congrats!

Most Excellent conversion there Josh! Well done....
Wow, great 20's vibe to that hat. How about seeing it on your head?

THANK YOU!! :)

This is probably my favorite conversion to date. I am currently working on a black upbrim that is reminiscent on 19-teens/early 1920's styles hats. Should be done with that one soon.

Here's a couple grainy pics of me wearing the hat at a great Jazz Club just outside of Chicago

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
Well guys, after reblocking it 3 times(it would help if I had the right block)and almost tearing a hole in the crown,I've decided I'm finished with this conversion(maybe). The crown was about 6 1/4 open and the brim was wider on the sides than the front. After cutting the brim,it ended up as 2 3/8 at the front and 2 9/16 at the sides. Please disregard my wonky moustache. I set the picture up,but forgot to comb my mo'. By the way,the hat is actually chocolate instead of black. Here ya'll go!
Picture 25.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 31.jpg
    Picture 31.jpg
    789.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Picture 32.jpg
    Picture 32.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Picture 34.jpg
    Picture 34.jpg
    899.8 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Classic 20's profile there Josh.

That's just crazy Josh. I'll take two. 8^>

That is a thing of beauty Josh!
Wowza!

Josh! You are an artist, my friend. Beautiful work. Beautiful.

Thank you all so much!! (I wish we still had the "hats off to you" icon that the old board used to have)

Alan, if I ever find a felt body like this again, I will make you one for sure :)

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Well guys, after reblocking it 3 times(it would help if I had the right block)and almost tearing a hole in the crown,I've decided I'm finished with this conversion(maybe). The crown was about 6 1/4 open and the brim was wider on the sides than the front. After cutting the brim,it ended up as 2 3/8 at the front and 2 9/16 at the sides. Please disregard my wonky moustache. I set the picture up,but forgot to comb my mo'. By the way,the hat is actually chocolate instead of black. Here ya'll go!

Lookin' good! What kind of block did you use? What type did you want to use?

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
The best I could get in my size(7 5/8) was a 51. I of course would like to have a 6"+ 52 but I have a better chance of becoming PM of England than finding one. Actually, my 51 was rather beat up when I got it, so I had to do some gluing and sanding, therefore it's more of an almost straight sided 5 3/4 " 51 than an original.I'm planning on getting a hat shaper to use until I can get a 52 or make my own.After all that rambling did I answer your question?:)

Reactions: RJR

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Very nice conversions, Josh, jswindle.

Just a simple reblocking and reshaping of the brim on this Resistol 3X. I'm not sure about this one. The crown is pretty tall. Almost too tall to work it to my satisfaction. I was able to take out most of the taper and I creased it with a Center Dent. I like tall straight crowns, but I dunno....deciding on a hat band for it.

Before:
Resistol_3_X_D.jpg

After:

Resistol_XXX_1.jpg

Resistol_XXX_3.jpg

Resistol_3_X_1_RC.jpg

Some early Honky Tonk music. Faron Young...

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
That does appear tall,TJ.I wonder if a fairly wide ribbon would make it look shorter.

I like tall straight crowns but this one's definitely taller than I prefer. I have it on the block again. I'm going to see if I can do something else with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran