Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Conversion Corral

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Stetson #1 conversion for fellow lounger. This one had a big 4 1/8 brim to begin with, trimmed cautiously to 3 1/8. (Sorry Joao) Put matching vintage stock silverbelly ribbons on with wind cord. Request was to keep brim flat .
Well you did a nice job but not mine, not my loss, I don't care.
I can only say the owner had a hat I had interest on. Now I'm have no interest in it nor will comment/like if it will appear here.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the comments guys. Always look forward to see what others are doing too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addison

One of the Regulars
It's cool how you express your faith! :)

Great to see you back Manfred! Hope you stick around a while longer. Great conversions everyone!

This is my third time blocking and recreasing this thing. I haven't had a hat to give me as much aggravation as this one has. The crown on this Resistol 3X is way tall. I was finally able to lower it a little and I went with a Diamond crease. I also went to pains to detail the Cross inside the Diamond, a tribute to the faith of Jesus Christ. I sewed on a 6 ply mid ribbon with just a keeper and a tail, keeping it simple. Although I'm not particularly fond of the Diamond crease it worked out in this case....

XXX1.jpg

XXX3.jpg

XXX4.jpg

XXX5.jpg

XXX7.jpg

A little Rock a Billy with Jerry Lee Lewis. Live on the Steve Allen Show, 1957...

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Well you did a nice job but not mine, not my loss, I don't care.
I can only say the owner had a hat I had interest on. Now I'm have no interest in it nor will comment/like if it will appear here.
Joao, it's time you grow up and get used to brim-shaving. You know, it's not like every beard-shaving lounger is whining, everytime your beard is showing in a picture ;) :D

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, it's time you grow up and get used to brim-shaving. You know, it's not like every beard-shaving lounger is whining, everytime your beard is showing in a picture ;) :D
I really don't care anymore if you trim a 5" brim hat to 1" and I won't "play that game" again.
I'll say this only once (again), if you have a 4" brim hat, I'll be probably interested in it. You trim it and you'll have my interest in it lost. I don't care for hats with less than 3.5" brim, I have no interest in them.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Joao,I'm cool with that.I like the 4" brims,I have a couple of western wide brims.I don't care for hats with less that 2" brim,I have little interest in them for myself.But like them on other people.

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
Well guys I finally got a brown Dobbs Stagecoach. Yes, a Dobbs Stagecoach. Didn't know they existed,but the crown is about 7 inches so I like it. However, I do have two questions. Number one is what do ya'll recommend I clean it with? Kinda smells like a dog. Number two is what size ribbon do ya'll suggest(width)? I'm going 20-30's style like most of Josh's. I'm going to use black but I'm not sure about width. More pics to come. Thank you all! Gracias.
T3AXaje.jpg

P.s. Already blocked and dented btw.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Well guys I finally got a brown Dobbs Stagecoach. Yes, a Dobbs Stagecoach. Didn't know they existed,but the crown is about 7 inches so I like it. However, I do have two questions. Number one is what do ya'll recommend I clean it with? Kinda smells like a dog. Number two is what size ribbon do ya'll suggest(width)? I'm going 20-30's style like most of Josh's. I'm going to use black but I'm not sure about width. More pics to come. Thank you all! Gracias.
T3AXaje.jpg

Love that crown and wide pinches. What size brim? And what color is it? Thx.

Wesslyn

Practically Family
T3AXaje.jpg

That is sweet! I'd definitely say 2 inch ribbon, if not wider. And trying using some febreeze for the smell. Maybe stuff some dryer sheets in the sweatband for a little while.
Can't wait to see that bad boy when it's finished up!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
That is sweet! I'd definitely say 2 inch ribbon, if not wider. And trying using some febreeze for the smell. Maybe stuff some dryer sheets in the sweatband for a little while.
Can't wait to see that bad boy when it's finished up!

I'd hang it on a clothes line (in a sock bag) or otherwise place it outside during the nice weather in a secure location for a coupla days. Fresh air works wonders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner