Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Conversion Corral

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
My first attempt to convert a Resistol Stagecoach. I trimmed the brim to 2.5" (wish I would have gone 2.75). The crown is 6" open and 5.5" at the dent.
I had only polyester ribbon (1.5") at the time so I may replace it with cotton in the future. It sure isn't perfect but it was a fun project. Might try another one soon. View attachment 97563 View attachment 97564

That brim width works perfectly with your face and head, imho.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here is a recent restoration for a fellow lounger of sorts as opposed to a conversion. This is a pre war from Scott & Co London. Resized to 7 1/4, added crown ribbon and brim binding w wind cord. Kept crown ribbon bow as nearly identical to original. Also on inside added silk pinch protector and a cotton liner to backside of tip as that was wearing thin there.
This is one of the nicest fur Felt hats I've come across, It has a super hand and the brim can be worn up or down .
IMG_0431.JPG
IMG_0432.JPG
IMG_0480.JPG
ab5f9043289a76e23b2965221cb138b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    273.9 KB · Views: 93

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Here is a recent restoration for a fellow lounger of sorts as opposed to a conversion. This is a pre war from Scott & Co London. Resized to 7 1/4, added crown ribbon and brim binding w wind cord. Kept crown ribbon bow as nearly identical to original. Also on inside added silk pinch protector and a cotton liner to backside of tip as that was wearing thin there.
This is one of the nicest fur Felt hats I've come across, It has a super hand and the brim can be worn up or down .
View attachment 99655 View attachment 99656 View attachment 99657

Great Job and Gorgeous Hat Scott ! Merry Christmas !

RJR

Nice save,Scott.

Beautiful restoration work. I'm impressed.

bond

Thanks for the comments and all of the likes!
I am really happy for my next conversion. I picked this Stetson 3X up recently in hopes of transforming it for a daily wearer. This is what I came up with for ribbons, I ll also be resizing it up from 7 1/4LO up to a 7 1/2. Should end up with a 3-31/4 brim and 5 3/4 in crown.
Here's some before and preliminary pics before I begin.
Cheers and Happy holidays !
IMG_0487.JPG
IMG_0489.JPG
IMG_0492.JPG

bond

Well what can I say except I changed the direction slightly with this one and it ended up as a modified Open Road . Re blocked it from a 7 1/4 to 71/2 w a healthy 6" op crown ht. Brim is at 3". Absolutely love this Felt and this makes the second one I made for myself of this era vintage Stetson .
Here are the results
IMG_0513.JPG
IMG_0515.JPG
IMG_0518.JPG

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Trust me, you don't really need to be very handy, just a bit mad. It seems to me that, most times, the hat will tell you what it wants to be.
I had a hat try that on me once, telling me what kind of crease it wanted. I was like, "No way Kemosabe. You're getting a crease that I want."

I got mad enough alright
hat_frustration_1.jpg

But guess what. I got the crease I wanted
IMG_5409.jpg

Damn Hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner