Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Conversion Corral

DOGMAN

One Too Many
I didn't sew down the bottom of the gill to give it a more 3D look
rpGcChJ.jpg
N6s0pAx.jpg
Now need to put in a liner and crease it.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I didn't sew down the bottom of the gill to give it a more 3D look
rpGcChJ.jpg
N6s0pAx.jpg
Now need to put in a liner and crease it.
Not everyone can wear a red hat. That hat is RED. I suspect you can pull off wearing it, and I know I could wear a red hat, but I also know for some people it does not work. I've got the clothing for red, even down to vintage looking lace up heels that are like Victorian Dress Boots for Women that are from Italy, , soft red alligator clutch purse, red velvet cropped jacket, white silk pants with thin red leather trim on the side and back pockets.

I'm thinking of having Esther make me a red hat, she has one on her Instagram pages...super nice! Tax return might just fund that!

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Not everyone can wear a red hat. That hat is RED. I suspect you can pull off wearing it, and I know I could wear a red hat, but I also know for some people it does not work. I've got the clothing for red, even down to vintage looking lace up heels that are like Victorian Dress Boots for Women that are from Italy, , soft red alligator clutch purse, red velvet cropped jacket, white silk pants with thin red leather trim on the side and back pockets.

I'm thinking of having Esther make me a red hat, she has one on her Instagram pages...super nice! Tax return might just fund that!
This ones to small for me 7 1/8.Here is my red hat I did a couple of years ago.
4hBQkjV.jpg

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stetson 3x vintage early 60s . Lot of work on this one starting with getting it washed a couple of times to soften up the felt to make it more pliable. Trimmed the brim to a healthy 2 3/4 and forsake a traditional binding for a triple stitch brim finish. Color of felt is a light green sage, crown ribbon is a grey sage w a vintage wind cord . Also resized this up from an 7 1/8 to a 7 3/8 now. Liner is the embroidered type. (This one is up for grabs PM me if interested)
Thanks

IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redshoes51

One of the Regulars
Stetson 3x vintage early 60s . Lot of work on this one starting with getting it washed a couple of times to soften up the felt to make it more pliable. Trimmed the brim to a healthy 2 3/4 and forsake a traditional binding for a triple stitch brim finish. Color of felt is a light green sage, crown ribbon is a grey sage w a vintage wind cord . Also resized this up from an 7 1/8 to a 7 3/8 now. Liner is the embroidered type. (This one is up for grabs PM me if interested)
Thanks

View attachment 104748 View attachment 104749 View attachment 104750 View attachment 104751 View attachment 104752
View attachment 104753

Great Looking hat!! Especially that ribbon work!!

You guys are killing me!!!!

My only problem is I have a fat head...

~shoes~

RJR

Thanks

View attachment 104748 View attachment 104749 View attachment 104750 View attachment 104751 View attachment 104752
View attachment 104753

Nice conversion,Scott.

Thanks

View attachment 104753

Great work Scott. Love that brim stitching and ribbon work. Impressive.

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Well I took a leap of faith this morning and I decide to modify/convert my first hat. The weather will soon be changing here in South Carolina and it gets really hot during the summer. I wanted a good straw fedora that I could wear anywhere. I really like the look of the Stratoliner Milan and it has the proportions that I’m looking for. So I copied it a little. I really think that a 2 1/2” brim looks best on me and my PFG/Columbia straw had a 3 1/4” brim. That’s great for yard work but when I’m out around town I felt the brim was just to big for my liking. So I cut it down today to 2 1/2”. After measuring, marking and cutting I added some extra insurance of waterproof glue to the edge by the stitching to make sure the straw would not unravel. Here are some before and after pictures. I’m pleased with the way it turned out which means it will get a lot more head time in the coming months.

Steven

596C59B6-496B-40C2-98C4-402FA21860D6.jpeg
5B8BB720-293D-4771-AFCB-651075E61CDE.jpeg
5588C21C-5942-4D3A-8946-FC1EA2902452.jpeg

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
Well I took a leap of faith this morning and I decide to modify/convert my first hat. The weather will soon be changing here in South Carolina and it gets really hot during the summer. I wanted a good straw fedora that I could wear anywhere. I really like the look of the Stratoliner Milan and it has the proportions that I’m looking for. So I copied it a little. I really think that a 2 1/2” brim looks best on me and my PFG/Columbia straw had a 3 1/4” brim. That’s great for yard work but when I’m out around town I felt the brim was just to big for my liking. So I cut it down today to 2 1/2”. After measuring, marking and cutting I added some extra insurance of waterproof glue to the edge by the stitching to make sure the straw would not unravel. Here are some before and after pictures. I’m pleased with the way it turned out which means it will get a lot more head time in the coming months.

Steven

View attachment 105554 View attachment 105552 View attachment 105551
Nicely done!

Steven

View attachment 105554 View attachment 105552 View attachment 105551

Very nice. You should post this in the conversion corral thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR