Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Conversion Corral

humanshoes

One Too Many
Chaps.jpg
20 gallon hat.jpg

Well, T, you can always find these fellas and ask them where they got theirs. To complete your outfit you might want to contact Bob Hope's estate and see if they still have this hat.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Here’s a recent mid century Borsalino sourced from Rome Italy . Big beautiful size 7 1/2. I was going to sell this one but decided after giving it a gas bath that this was one to keep.
Felt is super lightweight and I would compare it with a high quality Montecristi if that’s possible?
The original ribbons were shot but the interior was perfect really and the un reeded sweat solid .The silk liner is sweet indeed also and still has the onion skin protector. I trimmed brim 1/8 so it would curl better and sewed a single stitch 1/8 around the brim to finish it off.
After plenty of steam and lots of stiffener I finally was able to coax a wearable shape. Added a vintage cotton silk grosgrain ribbon in a grey sage color w matching wind cord to finish that.
Here’s before and after .
46714573b23c28438c04b882dcd26186.jpg
76e9e857671b2c76cc0b8707c334b70a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cd691cb500cd4957e7dfc15ef69847ff.jpg
f8e3eedeef720b4918f007880c0d7e9d.jpg
86602e221929ed1e50743c08bc205152.jpg
I had to come look at this hat again, I think from the original picture (before shot) and then this, the way it looks like brand new and drop dead "purty" too! That ribbon work and bow and color of ribbon, is about as perfect as it gets!

Just how nasty was this before the gas bath? Had to ask as I still have a vintage resistol hat that has some issues on the front of the crown area, and should just send it to you for you to either gas it or flip it inside out...it is such a nice hat, looks exactly like a Stratoliner, but Daniel actually like how it looks better than his Strat when wearing it.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Cindy , that borsalino was dirty / soiled and actually was for sale . I got to thinking that I should at least try cleaning it up but after it cleaned up so nice the felt just came alive again(One should know the quality of a vintage Borsalino to be able to appreciate what someone can do with a piece of felted rabbit / hare.)
Yes a gas bath can do wonders sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner