Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The DINER.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
59246_1623035821661_1409441092_1680865_4789980_n.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
DSC05167.jpg

I assume this damage is irreversible? Man, what a travesty.

Looks like everything in the interior went in the trash. It looks like with the bump out for the new "stonework" that maybe some of the exterior was left and just covered over, but it's hard to tell.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Looks like there's an old diner under there somewhere. Impossible to tell who built it, though.
IMG_0359.jpg

Burlington Diner- Burlington, NJ
Diners005.jpg

Diners003.jpg

Skyliner Diner- Cortland, NY
172-7210_IMG.jpg

172-7211_IMG.jpg

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
Very interesting thread and thanks for sharing all these nice pics with us in the world outside of the "Diner-country". :eusa_clap It's that what I envy you in the USA for. Why did the US export this boring McD and WürgerKing to the rest of world and not the nice diner culture with such a broad scope of different and stylish restaurants with the real vintage touch to it? :D

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Very interesting thread and thanks for sharing all these nice pics with us in the world outside of the "Diner-country". :eusa_clap It's that what I envy you in the USA for. Why did the US export this boring McD and WürgerKing to the rest of world and not the nice diner culture with such a broad scope of different and stylish restaurants with the real vintage touch to it? :D

Apparently there have been some vintage diners moved to Germany as well as some new ones built here and shipped over- though they have, for the most part, dropped off the radar of the US diner community.

Here's what we think is still around, if you feel like going to one.

American Diner
Karlsruhe, GERMANY
Built in 1940 by Paramount Diner Co.
http://www.alte-schmiede-durlach.de/www/dinerdurlach/start.php
Former Teamster's Diner and located in Fairfield, New Jersey. Moved to Germany in 2000.
Fiduciastra_

Chrome Original American Diner
Diesel Strasse 2, Lehsahn, GERMANY
Built in 1998 by the Starlite Diner Co.

Mel's Diner
Hildesheimer Strasse, Laatzen, GERMANY
Built in the 1990s by the Starlite Diner Co.

Mercer Diner
Built in 1952 by the O'Mahony Diner Co.
Location in Germany unknown.

Sam Kullman's Diner
Westfalenstra_, Linthe, GERMANY
Built in 2000 by the Kullman Diner Co.

Sam Kullman's Diner
Mainzer Str 119, Kaiserslautern, GERMANY
Built by the Kullman Diner Co.

Last edited:
I always remember eating at the Townhouse Diner across the street from the Babylon Townhouse (city hall sort of) on Sunrise Highway back on Long Island at about 2am or so. They had some pretty good burgers.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I cant believe I have discovered this thread only today!

Out here on Long Island, you cant drive for 5 minutes (and sometimes less) without tripping over a diner. I eat in a number of them quite often. The perfect blend of casual, homey atmosphere, low prices and huge amounts of food. Theres tons of 'em! Many have been remodeled to various extents, but many havent. I always take them for granted but now Ive gotta take pictures as I go by them. Im excited to show them to all of you!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters