Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The DINER.

Firefyter-Emt

Familiar Face
I too just found this thread, and I am a great fan of them myself! I read through this whole thread, and was surprised that a couple of the Central Mass diners did not show. Someone just brought up the famous "Miss Worcester" (in it's day a test bed for all the new goodies being put in by the Worcester Diner Co.)

4189620451_a28f38d6f5.jpg

Then, right next door and down the road a bit, another Worcester Diner "The Boulevard" (great food here too)
boulevard2.jpg

Of course, there is by far my favorite... Carl's! This place is a legend in itself!
395413619_b08d67706b.jpg

Carl's is the place if you like food, and lot's of it! Sure, it's basic greasy spoon servings, but they make up any short comings in quantity! I made the mistake of ordering "extra bacon" once... I received at least another pound of bacon in addition to the huge portion that came with my meal!
Mmmmm Carl's...
DSCN0736.jpg

And lastly, Central Diner over in Millbury.
587edd8c-2bcf-48e2-ba05-04b5c6205e37.jpg

PS: all the photos are via google search, not taken by me.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
A1 Diner - Gardiner, ME
IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

Brunswick Diner- Brunswick, ME
DSCN0820.jpg

DSCN0816.jpg

Palace Diner- Biddeford, ME
DSCN0936.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

Yankee Diner - Charlton, MA
DSCN0972.jpg

DSCN0956.jpg

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Where was the Olympia Dinner D-Man? Washington? If so, I'll have to look for it next time I'm there.

I love diners, they just have a great feel to them, as in its okay to sit in them for just a cup of coffee and a conversation and I don't even drink coffee!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Annapolis, MD. Built in 1999 by DeRaffele.
DSCN1854Stitch.jpg

DSCN1847.jpg

Bethesda, MD. Diner built/converted late '20s/early '30s. Manufacturer unknown.
aIMG_0825a.jpg

aIMG_0804-1.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It's an old diner that's had the building built around it. With the many renovations (starting in the mid '30s), it's hard to tell exactly what it began life as- purpose built factory built diner? converted trolley? converted rail car? But definitely something freestanding from elsewhere that's been integrated into the shopping strip.

Here's the full post on it.

Gene

Practically Family
There's a Valentine prefab Little Chef diner in my hometown of New Albany, IN. The place fell into pretty bad disrepair and was a magnet for homeless and a lot of undesirables in town until they started to revitalize the downtown area.

Here's what it ideally looked like in the 50's:
LittleChefDiner.jpg

Here's ours:
3070553803_c53eb02d65.jpg

Plate inside:
3070553793_fc775f0fe5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran