Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The DORCUS COLLECTION

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Good Lord, Mr. Chevalier....

:eek: You've uncovered a veritable treasure trove of horrendous fashion!:eek:

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Atomic Glee said:
Just thought we should credit the original author if we're going to be using his material.

Oh, definitely.

Go back to the opening post: you'll see that "The Chap" website is credited. The "Dorcus Collection" material was found at "The Chap" website by Dixie Cannon, who posted a link to it in an FL section that is closed to unregistered viewers.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
Oh, definitely.

Go back to the opening post: you'll see that "The Chap" website is credited. The "Dorcus Collection" material was found at "The Chap" website by Dixie Cannon, who posted a link to it in an FL section that is closed to unregistered viewers.

Gotcha! Just looked a little weird at first. :) As you might have guessed, I'm a big fan of Lileks - you can get lost for hours browsing through his site. The vintage New York postcards alone are amazing.

Zach R.

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
THIRTEEN.jpg

Honestly, I don't think that this look is half bad.

*runs away*

Wild Root

Gone Home
Marc Chevalier said:
NINE.jpg

At first glance you know it’s Dorcus. The matching pants and vest with their subtle pattern - based on actual painters’ dropcloths!The shirt that writhes like gigantic spermatozoa caught in a bed of blackened kelp. Dorcus head to toe - but there’s more. Our new City Man collection includes large planters attached to the shoe of your choice. The planters look like concrete, but new space-age resins mean they’re feather light. The ferns? The finest machine-spun plastic. Now any time you choose to stop and watch the world go by, your foot will already have a home.

No less an authority than Quiana Quarterly proclaimed Random Planter Foot-Perching to be the trend of 72. Are you ready?

It's Mr Furley!lol

=WR=

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Just TOO funny!

I literally laughed out loud at that! Hilarious! lol
I'm thinking that the colloquialism, "Dork" must have it's roots in the Dorcus name. lol
Thanks for the laughs, I have to go back and read it all again. :eusa_clap

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Matt Deckard said:
I don't know... I could walk around in the short fur coat for a while... seems like a swell idea to me. Nothing says fashionable like an armless argyle suit and short fur coat. Where are the hats?

The hats were the furry type that Marc posted in his *sigh* thread the other day. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21