Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 'Douglas' contest

carter

I'll Lock Up
Here you go

bolthead said:
Can I see the Ribbon on that Beauty? :eusa_clap
3239131387_1313d3114c.jpg

Nice ones, DanielJones & Paul. I like those fedoras!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter, that Flagship is beautiful! It goes really nicely with the jacket and tie and the crease is perfect. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

I have to agree that is a great hat. I am partial to the details on the Flagship.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Mr. P. If we ever have an opportunity for lunch, I'll wear it.

Douglas, I posted this Flagship in the Flagship thread and there was reference to one you have. Unfortunately, there isn't a picture. Is it possible for you to post a picture in that thread? There are only a few there but the ones pictured are great. Head to head with my Stratoliner, I think the Flagship wins.

DOUGLAS

I agree about the Flagship being a bit more than the Strat.,although we may get a different opinion from RBH. He actually looks great in his thin ribbons. I will post one tomorrow as well as a Strat. Both in blue

Here is one I rescued from the heap. It was damaged a great deal and I sent it to Art who did some handy work
DSCN3232.jpg

DSCN3219.jpg

DSCN3217.jpg

DSCN3218.jpg

DSCN3220.jpg

DSCN3223.jpg

DSCN3225.jpg

DSCN4110.jpg

Art actually inverted the entire hat. He then gave it a new sweat and ribbon. I still hat all the pieces in the Flagship box.

carter

I'll Lock Up
That certainly is a wonderful transformation. I like the color and the coordinating ribbon. Is the ribbon post-refurbishment a new, wider ribbon? A striking hat.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
Douglas, looks like you paid a visit to Brooklyn Heights. I think the Heights is the most beautiful and most vintagey neighborhood in New York, possibly in the world. And I have to say, nobody does you as well as you. But keep trying guys. We must all have an ideal to strive for.

carter

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
Douglas, looks like you paid a visit to Brooklyn Heights. I think the Heights is the most beautiful and most vintagey neighborhood in New York, possibly in the world. And I have to say, nobody does you as well as you. But keep trying guys. We must all have an ideal to strive for.
I agree, on both counts. I love the composition of that picture with the buildings, greenery, and fallen leaves in the background.

Nevertheless, we must continue to strive for the victory is in the attempt and, if we fail, we fail valiantly. Someone famous must have said that or something like.

The Western Douglas.

3257537235_a390dbd926.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, IC. It's an extra-full black wool from the HatPeople.

I wish I'd been there but it just didn't work out.
:cry:

indycop said:
That's a d**n nice cap Carter! :eusa_clap

Even tho I'm not happy with you not showing up this weekend.;) :D

DOUGLAS

Both looks are fantastic Carter! The Cowboy Look is classic. I have unfortunately on more than one occasion have run into lawmen that looked just like you. In the past mind you.....;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Douglas. I know that Handlebar Bart started this thread as an homage but now I can't put anything on my head without taking a shot at "the look".

Those last two shots are CLASSIC!

I've run across a few of those lawmen myself. In the past, mind you. The distant past. ;) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou