Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 'Douglas' contest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Let's not forget the slanted brim look. Here are a couple of photos from this old thread of others, both new and old, rocking it like they own it.

Wild Root
1121299img6dm.jpg

John Garrick
Garrick20John_01.jpg
[/IMG]

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It's not a requirement, but I think that extra points can be awarded for making the more difficult looks work.

duggap

Banned
Matt, that is a perfect impersonation of Douglas except for one small detail. Douglas always shoots the picture with his left hand, not the right.lol ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
He looks just like the Douglas!

The resemblance is uncanny! Note the subtle narrowing of the eyes, the set of his mouth, and,most especially, the sartorial excellence.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
When I read the old post that's quoted below, I thought of this thread.

Rick Blaine said:
"Your hat, by its quality and individuality; poise and pitch; angle and droop can be made to take on as many varying moods as the face underneath. A hat may look aristocratic or vulgar; serious or humorous; gloomy or cheerful; dignified or flippant; radical or conservative; rakish or righteous; fresh or wilted; alive or dead. Your hat is YOU. It commends or condemns you. It bestows character or becomes a caricature. Hence, it should not be selected at random, but chosen with care, to be a reflection of the wearer's taste, position and personality. Thus, really a fine hat is not just a disbursement to cover the head, but an investment in individuality, self-respect and the respect of others"

Excerpted from: "From Beaver's back, To Man's Head" C. A. Mallory, President, Mallory Hat Company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot