Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Practically Family
J B said:
I don't usually wear a sport coat very often, but I wore it because today was the first day of the semester and all. To put things in perspective, it's interesting that I was the only student there with a tie on.

As a current college student myself, that's in no way shape or form a shock. The shock would be if anyone else was wearing a button down shirt.

yardpup01

New in Town
cptjeff said:
As a current college student myself, that's in no way shape or form a shock. The shock would be if anyone else was wearing a button down shirt.

I am also a current college student. The only time you see people in button down shirts or jackets, is when there is a career fair or interviews that day.

cptjeff

Practically Family
yardpup01 said:
I am also a current college student. The only time you see people in button down shirts or jackets, is when there is a career fair or interviews that day.
Or when frats are pledging.

You do see some nice suits on those occasions though, especially at a private college like I'm at. But still, the shoes tend to be cheap and rubber soled as a rule. And of course, no good hats.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Greaser Cat said:
We live in Southern California. We need to categorize our d-bags out here.

Tell me about it.

Variety A - Tapout shirts, Dickies shorts, socks with sandals or skate shoes. Flat-billed trucker hat with shaved head or some sort of five-year-old-kid buzz cut. Small vocabulary, uses the word s**t as an adjective. Synonomous with the Ford F-150 and Chevy Silverado

Variety B - Fake tan, greasy skin, wears tight clothing often found at Abercrombie and Fitch or other stores of the same style. "Porcupine" style haircut, and in the most extreme of cases, bleached spikes. Can be found patrolling clubs attempting to show off dance moves and score with women. Often do not drive cars and mysteriously appear at locations. Are often referred to as "Guidos", however I do not use the term as I find it inaccurate.

Variety C - Of considerable muscular proportion. Shaved body (and in most cases, the head as well), often identified by steel piercings in unique locations, such as the pectoral. Arm tattoos. Rarely seen wearing anything but low-rise board shorts and sandals. Usually drive "luxury" cars of unnecessary size, such as the Cadillac Escalade.

Jerekson said:
Tell me about it.

Variety A - Tapout shirts, Dickies shorts, socks with sandals or skate shoes. Flat-billed trucker hat with shaved head or some sort of five-year-old-kid buzz cut. Small vocabulary, uses the word s**t as an adjective. Synonomous with the Ford F-150 and Chevy Silverado

Variety B - Fake tan, greasy skin, wears tight clothing often found at Abercrombie and Fitch or other stores of the same style. "Porcupine" style haircut, and in the most extreme of cases, bleached spikes. Can be found patrolling clubs attempting to show off dance moves and score with women. Often do not drive cars and mysteriously appear at locations. Are often referred to as "Guidos", however I do not use the term as I find it inaccurate.

Variety C - Of considerable muscular proportion. Shaved body (and in most cases, the head as well), often identified by steel piercings in unique locations, such as the pectoral. Arm tattoos. Rarely seen wearing anything but low-rise board shorts and sandals. Usually drive "luxury" cars of unnecessary size, such as the Cadillac Escalade.

Geez, none of those sounds very appealing as the next generation to lead us into the new millenium. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

Gutshot

One of the Regulars
So about a week ago, I'm taking my car in for some work, and on the way I stop for coffee. I'm wearing my black Stetson Temple. The young woman at the counter first compliments me about it, temporarily making my day... and then asks if I bought it at Disney Land. I guess her father had a reproduction Indie he'd gotten there, so in her mind, that's where they all must come from.

Gutshot said:
So about a week ago, I'm taking my car in for some work, and on the way I stop for coffee. I'm wearing my black Stetson Temple. The young woman at the counter first compliments me about it, temporarily making my day... and then asks if I bought it at Disney Land. I guess her father had a reproduction Indie he'd gotten there, so in her mind, that's where they all must come from.

That would be fine if your hat had ears on it. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

Greaser Cat

New in Town
Jerekson said:
Tell me about it.

Yeah, and don't forget the hipsters and Ed Hardiots.

Greaser Cat

New in Town
jamespowers said:
The Ed Hardiots! lol lol lol lol lol lol
Geez, I hate those gaudy things he makes. :eusa_doh:

Yeah, I haven't decided whether I hate Ed Hardy or I just hate what Christian Audigier does with his designs in putting them on clothing. Ed Hardy was a student of Sailor Jerry who I, and probably quite a few other Fedora Loungers, actually like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo