Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Elephant in the Room - Man Purse

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
Saddleback is probably the best of them and actual value for money with 100 year guarantee. I have a wallet from them which is unbeatable.

Wested have a very cheap selection. Their website does not present them that well but I have a messenger bag in Chestnut that I use which looks nice and is holding together.

http://www.wested.com/messenger--laptop-bags-50-c.asp

Palmer & Sons are canadian based but are actually English. It's a bit different. Quality is up there with Saddleback. I have a leather cuff from them which is superb which is why I recommend them.

http://www.palmerandsons.ca/leather-design-catalog/

thor

Call Me a Cab
Filson medium field bag. Perfect size and will last forever...getting better looking with age.

William Stratford

A-List Customer
55-2.jpg

£23 of off the bay of Eee (I'd guess that's around $30 to you colonials), and it carries my (14'') laptop with space left for my Binocs and wash kit for an overnight stay. Anyone who calls it a "purse" would be spending sometime exploring the pavement up close :mad::D

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
55-2.jpg

£Anyone who calls it a "purse" would be spending sometime exploring the pavement up close :mad::D
I remember back in the 60s, I watched some TV show about the future. They said in the early 21st century men would wear dresses and carry purses! Even I have the Buell messenger bag, and have you seen the young men in their baggy knee length shorts? Pretty scarry.

Toisach

New in Town
First Post, new here, but I have been lurking around getting great ideas from you fine folks for ages!
This is my current "one day out" adventure bag.
IMG_1391.jpg
[/IMG]

A Swedish Gas Mask Bag from Sportsmansguide (back in stock as I write this)
Contents vary according to "adventure" but always include what is shown:
cylinder flask with Balvenie Sherry Oak Cask
small med kit with the usual assortment of stuff
small telescope
Ruger stainless .357 magnum (loaded with alternating rounds of Hornady Max & Glaser silver tip)
small leather bound notebook with attached mechanical pencil
small brass telescope
NOT SHOWN (in small front pocket): small gerber flashlight, box of Dunhill Macanudos, Zippo

I really love this bag, it is perfect for "genteel outings" and carries all the necessaries and is comfortable without being cumbersome.

Slainte!

T

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
That is FANTASTIC! I have that same bag: but it usually carries my iPad, some nondescript binoculars or a camera, and a notebook and pencil.
Excellent image of interesting objects. Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like the idea of a man bag however I rarely carry one any more, but I did buy this Tumi leather flap bag for the specific purpose of carrying my I pad, which I have yet to buy.
This bag is no longer in production and I got it off eBay . Originally wanted it in brown but this one is ok for the bargain I paid for it. Great bag with lots of zippered compartments. All in a great man size of 8x10x2
dd86426d.jpg

Edward

Bartender
The real trick I find is getting a bag that is big enough to carry a few bits, but not so big that it becomes luggage.... ;) I won't buy an iPad as I refuse to be iAssimiliated (the only apple product I have is an iPod, but I hope when comes the time for replacement to find a non-Apple alternative again), but I definitely have my eye on a nice tablet when I can financially justify it. I have a little 7" HTC for work which I love, but ideally I would really like a 10" model for using out and about the way I have done a couple of old netbooks for a few years. The trick in finding the right tablet is getting one that can take an outboard USB disc player so I can watch films on it without having to buy into a digital delivery platform.

Toisach

New in Town
Indeed!
As long as it is not further then 10 yards out, after that accuracy gets a little "interesting."
Cheers!
T

Bingles

A-List Customer
bag.jpg

This is the bag I carry with me just about everyday. I really don't understand what the big deal is with men carrying bags. Why jam everything into our pockets? I personally like having all my stuff in one place.. nothing accidentally goes through the laundry, or falls out of my pockets -- or leaves me searching through jackets and blazers to see where I left odds and ends.

Remember.. not long ago it was VERY taboo for women to wear pants... now, it seems more common to see them wearing pants than a skirt.

So get one that suits your tastes and enjoy it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner