Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Golden Era Store

Jake

One of the Regulars
Still no poster pictures from my end. Something weird with my server? Or maybe somekind of block at my work.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I know there are a few books I wanna buy but lack of funds at Christmas is a hinderance. I'm sure come early spring, I'll be looking at ordering some. If you'd like I can email ya some links of some I found. I know I'd like to support the site/store any way I can.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
You can tell the movies list was made by a man. The comedy section lists the Three Stooges, but none of the great romantic comedies like It Happened One Night, His Girl Friday, I was a Male War Bride. No self respecting woman really watches the three stooges.

kamikat

renor27

One of the Regulars
movie list

So right about the romanitic comedies. Funny thing about: I Was A Male War Bride the whole trip on the motorcycle and sidecar gives those of us whole restore the BMW R75 war bikes a great chance to see the bikes in action . With a good DVD player and a computer, photos can be lifted and you can really see the details of the bikes. Only problem with the film is it is not in color would be great to get paint tones off the bikes.

Wild Root

Gone Home
No self respecting woman really watches the three stooges.

Well, I’m not a woman, but I wouldn’t go that far. I have a dear friend of mine who just got married to a really good guy who, about 6 months ago came home from serving our country in Iraq and is training to become a police officer. She is a collage grad, is a good Christian and the list goes on. She likes the Three Stooges!

So, yeah the Three Stooges may not be for every one, but I wouldn’t say that if you have respect for your self, you wouldn’t watch them. I grew up watching them, (when they were on TV in the 80’s) and I feel I turned out all right.

Root.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Originally posted by Wild Root
I grew up watching them, (when they were on TV in the 80’s) and I feel I turned out all right.

Root.

I'm assuming you're a guy. Most guys I know LOVE the Stooges. To me, it's kinda like burp and fart jokes: almost all guys think they're funny, but I don't know a single woman who does.

kamikat

Wild Root

Gone Home
I do agree with Kamikat on the Romantic Comedy thing. There are many that should be in there! Bringing up Baby with Cary Grant and Kathryn Hepburn is one that comes to mind! Can’t for get “You Can’t Take It with you� staring James Stewart! Also, a funny one is “Arsenic and Old Lace� with Cary Grant! Some of the classic early 30's Musicals like 42nd Street, Gold Diggers of 1933 and 36, Stage Door, Broadway Melody of 1936, Swing Time, Shall We Dance, Top Hat, and the list goes on! I love all the Films with Dick Powell who sang in "Dames" which is another of the great Busby Berkley films!

So, that's just a small wish list to see offered soon.

Root.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
On March 1, 2005, Bringing Up Baby is being released on DVD as a 2-disc set! Also, one of my favorites, The Libeled Lady, with William Powell, Myrna Loy, Spencer Tracy, and Jean Harlow, is being released on DVD! :cheers1: Here's hoping this means there will be more William Powell/Myrna Loy DVDs coming soon!

MK, I'd like to buy these through the Golden Era Store when they become available.

Brad

indieflmkr

Familiar Face
MK said:
I have created an online store to help support The Golden Era & The Fedora Lounge. If you buy movies, books and anything else Amazon sells, a small percentage will go to a good cause.;)

MK,

Thanks very cool. Could you email me, I'd like to know more about how you set this up?

Thanks,

Troy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner