Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Beer Thread

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
We're putting a curry on tonight so I'm off to pick up some Pilsner Urquell today to go with it. Looking forward to it.

Visconde

New in Town
rumblefish said:
the fifth from left on bottom is a Fouteinen oude geuze

That's a real GEM, better safe that for a special occasion.

It preserves very well too, so you can keep it in your basement for some years, as long as there isn't too much light.

cheers

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Had a Spitfire Ale before dinner and then a couple of Pilsner Urquells with the curry. Superb. Pilsner Urquell is a great drop with a hot curry as the strong hops flavour stands up well with curry.

I'm as happy as a pig in mud at the moment!

rumblefish

One Too Many
Has anyone tried the Vertical Epic series from Stone? I like it but,,,,,,,,

Look at what a bottle from 2002 is going for!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stone-Vertical-...goryZ563QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And one from 2003
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stone-Brewing-V...goryZ563QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I guess the next one I have I should sip slower.

Stone's 11th anniversary ale is good, it's a dark IPA, but their 10th was a masterpiece. I've written to Stone to request for them to make it again and make a regular offering. They told me they keep a seperate file for 10th aniv. requests, so maybe....
DSC00749.jpg

dnjan

One Too Many
Wow! The price of that '02 should include somebody to pour it as well. And she had better be cute ... ;)

I had a bottle of last year's. Since I am not into cellaring beer (just don't have the space to make it worthwhile to cellar enough different bottles), I opened it withing a few weeks of getting it. Good, yes. Would I rather have a good bottle of wine, yes.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Boy do I miss Westvleteren's beers. The distributors near by can't get it anymore and buying it online is too expensive. Count yourself as lucky if you have it available.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Beer! Yum! Some of my favorites include, but are not limited to:

Yuengling
Killians Irish Red
Grolsch

Great Lakes Brewing Companies

Dortmunder Gold
ABV: 5.8%
ABW: 4.3%
IBU: 30

Christmas Ale
ABV: 7.5%
ABW: 6.0%
IBU: 40

Conway's Irish Ale
ABV: 6.5%
ABW: 5.4%
IBU: 25

Great Lakes Libations are all very nice, but these three are my favorites.

dnjan

One Too Many
Certified Beer Judge?

Does anybody know the process (and benefits thereof) of becoming a certified beer judge?

dnjan

One Too Many
Thanks!

I kind of expect there are at least a few people on FL who have gone through that program. Hope to hear some feedback.

Any idea if that is the only group doing certification?

spiridon

A-List Customer
hotrod_elf said:
My husband started his first patch. It cost the same as a case of beer all said and done, BUT the flavor is so much better...

Is anyone on here into home brew?

I JUST started my 2nd ever batch of home brew. My first adventure was a Pale Ale which turned out pretty good according to some of my beer drinking buddies. I now have a Bock I have just kegged.....waiting to see how it turns out.
As far as favorite beers.....hmmmmm.....I guess I have become a fan of most anything from most of the Portland area breweries (There are MANY!)....that to me is "Beer Heaven"! There is one I have come to enjoy from a brewery down here close to home in Georgia....Terrapin(sp?)...especially their Rye Pale Ale....suites my tastebuds perfectly!!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I'm always drinking Grolsch since it's what they serve at the campus bar here in Utrecht. I also like Leffe and Kriek (Belgian cherry beer) as well.

I'm trying to move away from beer towards wine...I was getting a little beer belly and that's never cute! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany