• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

The Great Beer Thread

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by Andykev, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Scooterz

Scooterz One of the Regulars

Founders Backwoods Bastard. A bourbon barrel dark beer. Might be a scottish ale aged in the barrels.

Lady Day and Hurricane Jack like this.
  2. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

I'm kinda a beer snob. My friend and I Started a lady's beer drinking group last year, so we got a lot to talk about.

My favorite breweries currently are Epic, Allagash, and Prairie Artisan Ales (I'll drink anything they make).
    Tonight I'm having Son of the Baptist, one of Epic's "Baptist" series. Their Bad Bad Baptist is THE BEST Imperial stout I've ever had. This coffee stout will be brewed with a different local coffee roaster whenever a new batch is made. That's kinda cool.

IMG_9793s.jpg

3. Scooterz

Just tried Prairie Artisan's Paradise. A stout that's a little like prairie bomb with toasted coconut and vanilla. The coconut is more subdued and blends in with the other flavors more than most coconut beers. Really good.

4. Celia

Celia A-List Customer

Something nice to look forward to when I'm not ill anymore:

image.jpeg

5. Lady Day

Ive tried a couple in their Bomb series. I find Birthday Bomb nearly undrinkable, as my threshold for stouts from 1-10, goes to about an 8, and that was easily an 11. Same for Dragon's Milk, which I almost rained poured. But stouts are one of my, if not my favorite styles, so long as they are not milkshakes (don't do milk stouts either).

I have had some tasty coconut porters and stouts, but not that PAA one. Haven't found it out here, of I haven't looked hard enough :)

6. Lady Day

I just had that earlier in the week. They categorize it as a Scottish Ale/Wee Heavy, and I've been trying to explore that style but it might be too sugary for me (from the ones I've had).

7. Scooterz

Try Dirty Bastard from Founders a little less sweet since I think it is not bourbon barrel aged. Great Divide Claymore if they have that near you. A good scottish ale.

8. Scooterz

Those do look tasty.

Celia likes this.
  9. Hurricane Jack

Hurricane Jack I'll Lock Up

Granite City has $5 growler fills today & tomorrow in honor of President's Day. Thank you George Washington!

10. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

Here in Texas we have so many really good craft breweries.

Today, I'm relaxing on the patio with a Mosaic IPA from Community Beer Company in Dallas.

At 8.6% ABV, its a serious and very nicely done IPA.

[​IMG]

Cheers!
    David

11. Hurricane Jack

Hurricane Jack I'll Lock Up

Great picture with that sky & all, David.

12. Blowtorch

Blowtorch Familiar Face

Pabst Blue Ribbon in a longneck.

And that was my beer long before all those hipsters and trustafarians started slumming with PBR.

Oh well, at least it seems they've moved on to microbrew fare, thankfully

Bamaboots and BobHufford like this.
  13. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

Texas Helles from Community Beer Co. in Dallas.

A nice light lager on a warm afternoon

[​IMG]

Cheers! David

14. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

I usually like Deep Ellum beers, but this Rye Pils is watered down swill. [​IMG]

Cheers! David

15. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

Visiting the Fort Worth Stockyards? Grab a beer in the very nice bar inside Maverick Western Wear. It's a cool shop, too!

[​IMG]

Lone Star Beer is made here in Fort Worth at the industrial Miller-Coors plant.

Cheers! David