Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Legendary DURABLE (Wild One) Jacket

Claudio Pellerito

Familiar Face
Thanks, yeah i am very happy with the results, i was worried about the folds all over the jacket, i was watching tutorials on how to make them disappear so i would be ready when jacket arrived, but nothing seemed convincing...
So i was not expecting some saddle soap and hot water to make them disappear so easily, it is not perfect but good enough imo
Here is a before/after on the sleeves :
View attachment 290270

Also i'm not sure i will have the lining replaced, i don't like the idea, but i will have fixed for sure
The fit is okay, would be better if i was 5cm taller but can't do much about that :/
You paid a good amount for that and I hope you didn’t replace the lining! Let me know if you sell it

hieu

A-List Customer
Just unboxed this Durable. I believe this is the Brando version with the Talon zipper. The lining has been changed but you can still make out a bit of the red from the original.

DSC06368.jpg

DSC06374.jpg

DSC06375.jpg

DSC06371.jpg
DSC06376.jpg

hieu

A-List Customer

Claudio Pellerito

Familiar Face
Thanks for the confirmation Jeo! It doesn't fit me unfortunately. Seller's chest measurement was off by 2 inches. It's a size 42 maybe 44 if I had to guess.

A work of art :)
Oh it’s large. Let me know the measurements if you want to sell it, otherwise enjoy this masterpiece

Kalmer

One of the Regulars
Just unboxed this Durable. I believe this is the Brando version with the Talon zipper. The lining has been changed but you can still make out a bit of the red from the original.

View attachment 612846
View attachment 612849
View attachment 612852
View attachment 612848 View attachment 612850

I’ve handled this exact jacket personally, it is easily recognizable based on the lining replacement and the badge patch.

Have to say, the leather on this one is surprisingly THICK, and the jacket feels massive!
Unlike lots of other 50s MC jacket, and even unlike other durable jackets I’ve handled, this one feels more like a Star Glove or heavyweight Cal leather in terms of heftiness, which is mind-blowing.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I’ve handled this exact jacket personally, it is easily recognizable based on the lining replacement and the badge patch.

Have to say, the leather on this one is surprisingly THICK, and the jacket feels massive!
Unlike lots of other 50s MC jacket, and even unlike other durable jackets I’ve handled, this one feels more like a Star Glove or heavyweight Cal leather in terms of heftiness, which is mind-blowing.

Did you have this particular one?

hieu

A-List Customer

Wow what a small world. The seller I got it from said it bought it off Chuch Street Surplus. Is that where you handled it?

The jacket is really heavy. Very close to a red label Cal I had briefly.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful jacket. Thank you for sharing. I always thought code 33 referred to the motorcycle jacket design. Clearly that’s not the case. Wonder what it meant.

You weren't the only one. I think Toys McCoy also assumed it was the model number for the motorcycle jacket.

Maybe CODE33 means a material or a quality level.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters