Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Master's Hat

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
The only time I have ever been in a lodge was for a friend's promotion. They wore white tie and tails and looked pretty smart, although I was quite surprised by the whole formality of it, never having experienced it previously.

Adcurium

A-List Customer
There are some lodges here that to 'semi-public' officer installations. At one point after opening they take recess, invite the public into the temple, then resume installing officers. Then, they recess again, send out all the public, and close with just masons present.

It's a long night.

Dasmoeturhead

Familiar Face
http:// Here In Eureka,Ca the officers wear and have worn Ties and tails in all Degree work. The master wears a top hat. It has been our tradition for 154 years. When I was master in 2008 I wore the top hat handed down from the previous Master. He had a big head also. Don't know the brand. I will have to check this out Thursday at the thrid degree. Thats me in 2008.

Last edited:

hiram392

New in Town
Haven't been on this site for quite some time...think it was 2005. Saw the reference to going dark in summer. We at New Holland Lodge No. 392, in Ohio, traditionally go dark in July & August. It's a good thing, too. Been in the same upstairs rooms of our building since 1899. Just too warm to conduct work during the summer, and we don't have air conditioning. Was Master in 88/89/90 and wore a black velvet-like hat with a small brim. All it needed was one of those large paint brush looking attachments to make me look like something out of the Alps!

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Here I am with my Parents, Wife and Kids at my Intallation as Master of Orange Lodge #143 AF&AM MWGL of the State of Connecticut in 1995. My Top Hat I just lent to my buddy's father to wear as Master of his Lodge in Massachusetts.
lastscan.jpg

Boy time flies. My oldest daughter (still wears hats just like her oldman) is a Sister in the Eastern Star now, and I just brought her back to college yesterday. My youngest daughter is studying in the livingroom for her Junior year midterms

What I can't stand is when a guy goes into the east and buys a hat on the cheep. In my state we wear tuxes to a Top Hat, Homberg, or Bowler should be worn. If you are from Texas ect. a Cowboy Hat works, but make it a Sunday go to Meeting hat. I hate guys with $40.00 costume shop Top Hats.

Take due notice and govern yourself accordingly.

Jeff

And here is my Hat and Outfit for when I am the Ill. Potentate for the Shriner Ceremonials of Pyramid Temple #9.
pote.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925