Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The new Aeronautical from Aero Leathers - in Petrol Blue

Cooperson

One Too Many
I dont know why but i feel red, green or blue leather should be reserved for handbags and purses. A leather jacket is brown or black! There I've said it, get out the tar and feathers :)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The blue just needs to be a little dirtier, a little corrupted, more beaten up and scraped under a truck. SJ

I wonder if Aero still offer a pre-distressing option? I seem to recall someone got a tan/orange cafe racer that was pre-distressed a few years ago.

Simons

New In Town
Here, from the other site, is the Aeromarine and the Aeronautical, side by side:

6o04.jpg

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Gotta say, I prefer the patch pocket version from an aesthetic standpoint. However, i acknowledge they are basically only good for storing a lucky silver dollar.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Simons, can you feel any difference in fit or drape between the two? If you are running out the door on an errand, which one would you tend to grab?

Edward

Bartender
I quite fancy a blue something, but felt that a jacket might be too much, so I suggested a blue Shackleton to Denny. He said no, as it wouldn't be period correct. I ended up ordering a Dustbowl instead (not blue:)).

I just spotted this one... So, by implication, this blue colour was around in jackets back in the day? I've seen it in bthe seats of a 1938 Austin 10...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'm not a fan of the Aeromarine to begin with but this to my eyes is bloody unflattering. The fit and sizing doesn't help - looks in that front on shot almost like some fetish quasi-bolero jacket.

I think some of the blues that are all the rage at the mo are nice but this wouldn't be my first pick by a long chalk.

Definitely not my favourite of Aero's new offerings.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Bit of a Marmite love it/hate it thing going on here.:D But we're fortunate that makers are sticking their necks out to do something markedly different and risk having us bump our gums about it, rather than just sticking with the same old same old [huh]. Personally, I thought MM's fit was closer to an A-1 in feel though.

Bit of a Marmite love it/hate it thing going on here.:D But we're fortunate that makers are sticking their necks out to do something markedly different and risk having us bump our gums about it, rather than just sticking with the same old same old [huh]. Personally, I thought MM's fit was closer to an A-1 in feel though.

Yep. Same thoughts here.
Speaking of A1's, I really like "The Few's" blue leather A1. A1's seem to be a hard design for manufacturers to get right though..oh well.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
He's from NYC: Let's cut him a little slack here Edward! ;) :D

Sorry Fanch... I'll yield to you knowledge of the SouthWest BUT Stony Brook AIN'T New York City! They've got a nice state college there pine barrens and roads... that's about it.

Just sayin'...

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I personally dig the color... not the style of the jacket. I personally would get that in an A1 with light rust knits like on my Goodwear and the same color stitching... That blue or a similar green would be fine for me. We've a lot of fall, winter AND spring round here... Hell I wore the A1 today, be wearing a used Langlitz I scored in the drop top tomorrow.

Worf

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I personally dig the color... not the style of the jacket. I personally would get that in an A1 with light rust knits like on my Goodwear and the same color stitching... That blue or a similar green would be fine for me. We've a lot of fall, winter AND spring round here... Hell I wore the A1 today, be wearing a used Langlitz I scored in the drop top tomorrow.

Worf

Would love to see a pic of the Langlitz if possible. Langlitz are rare birds around here.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Would love to see a pic of the Langlitz if possible. Langlitz are rare birds around here.

You may get your wish tomorrow. It's a used black custom flight jacket. I have to take measurements and pics to see if I want them to add a half inch or so to the chest. I'll be asking the experts here if it's too tight or just right. Best cowhide I've seen yet, I really love it but would wear it a lot if it were a scosh more comfy. We'll see. Visually there's little to distinguish it from say.. a Schott but the interior craftsmanship, feel of the leather and stitching puts it in Vanson, Aero territory easily. It's clearly made for riding... not posing. Previous owner broke it in nicely but every once in a while I catch a whiff of Chesterfields or Lucky Strikes.

Worf

Last edited:

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
OK, I posted my previous comment about the sizing before having seen the frontal shot. It's too small. Length is ok, sleeves are fine but it's just too small in the stomach/chest. Fit is individual, I know, but this doesn't work/flatter the wearer. Just my opinion and worth what you're paying for it of course. Still like the jacket and colour a lot but am less fond about the distressed state after 'wearing in'. Wonder if goatskin might not work better.

frussell

One Too Many
Always fun to see someone rocking the "western" silver collar points (visible under jacket in one photo). I've usually got to drive to Tijuana to see those in action. If there's no reincarnation, I'll miss his unique interpretations of western wear, "cowboy classic" seen through a U.K. lens. Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters