Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Noble Schoble

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
According to my photo records on my computer, I own one black Schoble Warburton. I'm sure I'll come across it again one of these days. :eek:

In the meantime, here's the ebay photo. Apparently I bought it in Nov 08.

SchobleWarburtonblackfedoraebayphot.jpg

Cheers,
Tom

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Tango Yankee said:
According to my photo records on my computer, I own one black Schoble Warburton. I'm sure I'll come across it again one of these days. :eek:

In the meantime, here's the ebay photo. Apparently I bought it in Nov 08.

SchobleWarburtonblackfedoraebayphot.jpg

Cheers,
Tom
Looks nice, I'm starting to have the same problem.[huh]

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Schoble Homburg

Just arrived today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390142250983&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Got this fairly inexpensively as an experiment to see if a Homburg suits me. Jury's still out on that, but here are pics of the hat:

4305089969_cb42b51598.jpg

I always turn the sweat out first to see what interesting items I might find. The only thing behind this one was this stowaway, a little beetle that apparently doesn't eat felt:

4305760992_4caef8f302.jpg

Liner is very clean despite no plastic or oilcloth to protect the logo:

4305761962_1a37e72e7f.jpg

Schoble Imprint:

4305841708_6f8ef0c7b1.jpg

Sweatband cloverleaf bow:

4305761830_a78917a07c.jpg

Noggin shots - this first one is closest to the color, sort of a taupe/beige/washed out gray:

4305019193_5a3f619b10.jpg

4305018929_bdcbf69442.jpg

I was disappointed not to find any tags or labels beneath the sweat or liner :(

Somehow I can't get a feel for this style - it doesn't look so bad in these pics but I can't help feeling that it makes me look less like a wall street tycoon or captain of industry and more like a burlesque comic.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Salty O'Rourke said:
4305018929_bdcbf69442.jpg
[/CENTER]

I was disappointed not to find any tags or labels beneath the sweat or liner :(

Somehow I can't get a feel for this style - it doesn't look so bad in these pics but I can't help feeling that it makes me look less like a wall street tycoon or captain of industry and more like a burlesque comic.

Homburgs definitely take some more time (and guts) getting used to, at least for most people. I still feel a bit silly myself wearing one of those. You have to keep in mind that a Homburg is a lot dressier than a fedora and doesn't go too well (in my opinion) with plain casual clothes like jeans and sweatshirt (beware!). I think you'll need to beef up your attire a bit to make the hat not seem out of place (again, that's only my personal opinion). And as I mentioned before: it takes time before you really start to wear the hat (and not the other way around).

All that said, the hat looke quite nice. There is a lot of potential in both the lid and its owner. Now you'll just need to make that final step from owner to wearer... ;)

Mario said:
Homburgs definitely take some more time (and guts) getting used to, at least for most people. I still feel a bit silly myself wearing one of those. You have to keep in mind that a Homburg is a lot dressier than a fedora and doesn't go too well (in my opinion) with plain casual clothes like jeans and sweatshirt (beware!). I think you'll need to beef up your attire a bit to make the hat not seem out of place (again, that's only my personal opinion). And as I mentioned before: it takes time before you really start to wear the hat (and not the other way around).

All that said, the hat looke quite nice. There is a lot of potential in both the lid and its owner. Now you'll just need to make that final step from owner to wearer... ;)

As I mentioned in the other thread taking some of the front and back curl out might help. Also adding side dents and wearing it farther down on the head (if possible). I agree they are harder to make work in casual settings but it is possible. If nothing works they are still cool to look at. :)

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Salty,

I steamed a dip in the front and back of the brim on mine and then put a front fedora pinch on the crown and for office wear it ends up looking like a nice fedora ... at least to the rest of the world.

That's a terrific lid. Hope you find a way you enjoy it, because it looks good on you!

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I don't own any Schoble hats, but I purchased this ink blotter today. (The eBay seller has more, if anyone's interested.)

schoble.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy