Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Noble Schoble

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I think my favorite is the Toluco from 1903.

And I wonder, does anyone know if all those endless model names actually appeared on the sweatband or liner?

dnjan

One Too Many
According to my photo records on my computer, I own one black Schoble Warburton. I'm sure I'll come across it again one of these days. :eek:
Apparently I bought it in Nov 08.

Cheers,
Tom
Given your inventory system, would you be kind enough to PM your address and the times you are away from home and have left the door unlocked ...

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
SO INCREDIBLE!!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post these amazing ads, Bill!!!! I am going to save all of them! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I appreciate your efforts. I have spent some time early this morning sorting out the plethora of models that Schoble offered during this time period. I am struggling to imagine how a retailer would cipher what model/size/color to carry of the Schoble brand.

Thanks, Eric -

buler

I'll Lock Up
Shelley Co. Derby

Found this minty derby made for the Shelley Co by Schoble. High crown with very straight sides and pronounced curve front to rear. Interesting informal "tied" ribbon with a rearward bow. The white on the sweat is just remnants of a sticker.

B

schoble_derby_1.jpg

schoble_derby_2.jpg

schoble_derby_3.jpg

schoble_derby_4.jpg

schoble_derby_5.jpg

schoble_derby_6.jpg

schoble_derby_7.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Found this minty derby made for the Shelley Co by Schoble. High crown with very straight sides and pronounced curve front to rear. Interesting informal "tied" ribbon with a rearward bow. The white on the sweat is just remnants of a sticker.

B

schoble_derby_1.jpg

WOW!! I LOVE that Derby!!! Just my size, too. ;) Its not every day that you see a 5 3/4 inch crown on a derby. I also love how round the top of the crown is, and the shorter brim. Looks to be the quintessential late 1890's/Early 1900's Derby. Its really neat that the Shoble tag has survived in the hat all these years. Excellent!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

WOW!! I LOVE that Derby!!! Just my size, too. ;) Its not every day that you see a 5 3/4 inch crown on a derby. I also love how round the top of the crown is, and the shorter brim. Looks to be the quintessential late 1890's/Early 1900's Derby. Its really neat that the Shoble tag has survived in the hat all these years. Excellent!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Excellent +1! Reminds me of a photo I saw recently... I have a hat coming from this gentleman, not this great tall derby, though.

mcconnel.jpg

Schoble Mainliner

It doesn't seem that I've posted these before. Mid/Lightweight hat similar to my Stetson Bantam, the felt is very responsive to shaping. Dimensions and brim flanging have the character of my 1940s Stratoliner - I would guess this hat to be from the late 1940s to early 1950s.

schoble1.jpg

schoble4.jpg

schoble2.jpg

schoble3.jpg

schoble5.jpg

schoble6.jpg

031912.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
It doesn't seem that I've posted these before. Mid/Lightweight hat similar to my Stetson Bantam, the felt is very responsive to shaping. Dimensions and brim flanging have the character of my 1940s Stratoliner - I would guess this hat to be from the late 1940s to early 1950s.

031912.jpg

Alan; Your wear the hat well. You give the image of confident and yet wistfull. The rays of light in the pic are cool features.

Oh yes, snazzy hat. Best feature, IMO, is the gray w/violet hint colored felt. It gives such an enjoyable eye appeal to the swooping curves of the flange and taller crown.

Looks excellent on. Eric -

Eric -

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
1940s Schoble Spinner

Here's my new-to-me Schoble Spinner. Its a bit later than the other Spinner earlier in this thread and the block profile is very different, but it still has that great spun pattern all around the hat.

DSC07835.jpg

DSC07836.jpg

DSC07837.jpg

DSC07838.jpg

DSC07839.jpg

DSC07840.jpg

DSC07841.jpg

DSC07842.jpg

DSC07833.jpg

DSC07823.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads