Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I think you mean Olathe of Kansas @2jakes .

Thanks and you’re right, I was using my iPhone.:(
How-to-Fix-Siri-Not-Working-on-iPhone-7-or-7-Plus-Issue.jpg

I've always wondered about that claim. The El Rey line was an "upgrade" production line of boots for several yrs. And as I recall they have used the name a couple of different times but not for several yrs now.

Yeah, Jack they also had their Gold Label line which were very similar to the El Rey boot that coincided with TL's 75th anniversary in 1986. Even both came with the gold medallion adorning the boots. There's hardly any advertisement to be found promoting either line. Hard to determine when they came out.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Yeah, Jack they also had their Gold Label line which were very similar to the El Rey boot that coincided with TL's 75th anniversary in 1986. Even both came with the gold medallion adorning the boots. There's hardly any advertisement to be found promoting either line. Hard to determine when they came out.
View attachment 92720 View attachment 92721
Any opinion on the theft of I & II?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
xt8.jpg

TOUGH WORKING COWBOYS OF YANKON, SOUTH DAKOTA - CABINET CARD - ca.1890.
This photograph of common ranch workingmen or cowboys is a classic image.
It is unusual for men to be photographed in their tattered working gear in a studio setting.

Photography was relatively expensive for the time and most people tended to wear the nicest
clothes that they owned, or the flashiest gear they could find, either from a friend or props from
the photographer himself.
This fine cabinet card has exceptional contrast, tone and focus and measures 4.25"x 6.5”.
The photographer H. Bruhn of Yanton, S.D, marked the card at the bottom in gold print.
A pure and original Western image.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
wild west.jpg

TWO YOUNG COWBOYS "GUNS, BOWIE KNIVES, RIFLES" ca. 1880
These two Cowboys have all the accouterments for the Wild West and
the location "New Mexico, Territory”.

Man on left: Over and under shotgun, Bowie knife, cartridge belt with six-shooter.
Man on right: Winchester, Bowie knife, cartridge belt with six-shooter and also
long rifle cartridge belt.

Whittick & Son, photographers, Albuquerque, N. M.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
This image really shows just how unromantic the real old time cowboy really was, or could be. No dashing, swoopy (even dirty) hats, and most of the clothing looks like they're within inches of the end of their lives, although they will continue to be worn well past that.

“Sunday’s Best”!
Jesse James
39d9c71d7f3024b2c94b21c2d1d02740.jpg

William Henry McCarty Jr.
Facts-about-Billy-the-Kid.jpg

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Sir Sandford Fleming. Scottish-Canadian.Inventor of timezones, explorer, engineer, &
wearer of a fabulous fur coat which I want. :(
Sir Sandford Fleming.jpg

Born in Kircaldy,1827 and moved to Peterborough, Ontario, Canada in 1845, where he drew and printed the first map of the city. Sir Sandford was an engineer and innovator. He designed Canada’s first postage stamp, the Three Penny Beaver; led plans for the Intercolonial Railway, was director of the Canadian Pacific Railway Company, and Chief Engineer of the Northern Railway; and invented Universal Standard Time, which was adopted worldwide in 1885.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred