Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

LadyStardust

Practically Family
natam302.jpg

30daystrip1.jpg

These are actually both from the same seller, and she had a bunch of swoonworthy dresses up at the same time, and while only the 2nd dress was out of my range price wise, I decided to abstain bidding on either because I had already (amazingly) won another one of her pieces, and didn't want to spend a ton of money all at once. Hard to see these go though, but I hope who got them enjoys them. :)

crazydaisy

Practically Family
as always got plenty to post in this thread

feather brooch sold for 140 pounds
247738663_tp.jpg

butterfly brooch sold for 258 pounds
6ba2_1.JPG

lilly ann jacket sold for 35 pounds - can't forgive myself for missing this, but what can one do if one is broke
lil1_1239339340.jpg

crazydaisy

Practically Family
and to top it all up, a beautiful suit that I was watching thinking my husband would look fetching in it since the measurements fitted perfectly - alas he was not ready to fight for it and I had to watch it go away for the predicted price of just over 200 pounds
USSuit2.jpg

I expect it went to a lounger, hope you enjoy it, but please don't feel you have to reveal yourself...:)

crazydaisy

Practically Family
...so now you start to perceive the extent of my sadness, but I guess that's life when one just doesn't make the cash...

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shirin said:
Oh, this is so lovely & classy. I could see this on a girl waiting at the dock for her sailor boy to come off the ship. I bet I could reproduce this with the right pattern.
This will probably pop up again, it seems to be an 80s or 90s dress in cotton knit. It definitely is NOT Golden Era!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
crazydaisy said:
sold for 10.50 including postage and not to me! makes me feel sick that i lost this:
!BRchfZ!BGk~$(KGrHgoH-CMEjlLl0rDjBJ-D7Yef9g~~_1.JPG

OOuch that is painful indeed!

I love the little painted brooch too, is that by a particular designer as I am not familiar with that kind and I'm quite taken by it!

The Lilli Ann Jacket is lovely too, but you can at least seek solace in the fact that it didn't have the matching skirt, and that chances are the next find you have will be a full suit!

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Last minute outbid by a determined new e-bayer...

...the fellow who won these bid three times to try and outbid me! If I had to loose out, at least it was to someone who really wanted them. I guess that's what I get for not using my sniping program:(

Ralph Lauren Polo, handmade in the UK.
RL_specs.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
This will probably pop up again, it seems to be an 80s or 90s dress in cotton knit. It definitely is NOT Golden Era!
:] I assumed that when I found it but I am a sucker regardless for bows at the waist.

SayCici

Practically Family
Shirin said:
Can you believe I missed this one over dinner last night!? I am so steamed about this one because I had not bid on other auctions just so I could have enough money to get this one. I knew the price would be high, but I never would have imagined it going for just over $27.:(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&item=360160702740
Ouch! I can feel your pain, that'd make a wonderful coat. I'm sure something like it will come along again! :]

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I had visions of wearing this on our trip this summer. :( I kept trying to outbid the high bidder and ran out of time. I even had a navy cloche that would have matched perfectly.
20stwotone.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner