Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

TPD166

One Too Many
Open Road clone - Resistol 3X "Fort Worth Pecos"

This is my "new" hat from craigslist. It is a vintage Byer-Rolnick Resistol "Fort Worth" (which I've seen before) but also marked "Pecos" (which I have not). It seems to have a narrower brim than the San Antonio and I'm not sure about the crown. The crown has some creasing, but I can't really tell how it was originally bashed - it doesnt seem to have had a cattleman or fedora shape. I thought I would see if anyone here or the Resistol forum knew anything about the "Pecos" markings (it has a retailer stamp, but it's not from Texas).

FtWorth1.jpg

FtWorth3.jpg

tealseal

A-List Customer
I have a large collection of fedoras, plus one homburg. After moving to Arizona, I discovered that I needed something a bit more "appropriate." The Open Road was an obvious choice: It has the right amount of western, without being A Western (if you know what I mean). Apparently they're "supposed" to be worn differently than I wear mine; I like it snapped down in front.
img2950y.th.jpg

Thus concludes my application for admission in to the Guild

TPD166

One Too Many
I have a large collection of fedoras, plus one homburg. After moving to Arizona, I discovered that I needed something a bit more "appropriate." The Open Road was an obvious choice: It has the right amount of western, without being A Western (if you know what I mean). Apparently they're "supposed" to be worn differently than I wear mine; I like it snapped down in front.
img2950y.th.jpg

Thus concludes my application for admission in to the Guild

That's the way I wear most of mine! I guess we're both wrong?

TPD166

One Too Many
This is my "new" hat from craigslist. It is a vintage Byer-Rolnick Resistol "Fort Worth" (which I've seen before) but also marked "Pecos" (which I have not). It seems to have a narrower brim than the San Antonio and I'm not sure about the crown. The crown has some creasing, but I can't really tell how it was originally bashed - it doesnt seem to have had a cattleman or fedora shape. I thought I would see if anyone here or the Resistol forum knew anything about the "Pecos" markings (it has a retailer stamp, but it's not from Texas).

FtWorth1.jpg

FtWorth3.jpg

"After" being blocked by Paris Hatters.
FtWorth2-1.jpg

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
DSC01531.jpg

Would this work for this thread, this hat is quite interesting. It was in bad shape when I found it so I gave a bash and put a new ribbon. The original ribbons were ripped and worn

Last edited:
Would this work for this thread, this hat is quite interesting....

Of course it does. Says Open Road right there on the sweatband. I'd prefer you restore the ribbon with an OR style one but that is just me.... ;)
More modern OR's were not marked as such on the sweat & there are older versions that are exactly like an OR but not marked like yours.
Welcome to the Guild...

TomS

One Too Many
Hi folks:
Here is my newest addition... a very clean Open Road. I've owned several and never seemed to be satisfied, but I think I'll keep this one. I really like the embroidered liner! Enjoy the pics.
Best,
Tom
IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
Found myself buying outside my (usual Resistol) brand this week, my dad says "that's alright just don't mate outside your species."

Stetson Open Road 3X Silverbelly, 2 3/4" brim, 5 3/4" crown open, 4 1/2" as creased, brown leather sweat with vertical rectangular logo, white satin liner with embroidered picture clear plastic covered (1950's - 60's?) Felt is super nice, thin, firm, and smooth; no moth bites. Here it is atop my San Antonios:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/dscn9402small.jpg/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner