Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sale of NOS Johnnyphi hats begins.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Process Discussions Belong Here

As noted in previous comments on this thread... Please post general opinions, comments and concerns on this thread.

Extended discussions in live auctions cause confusion for bidders.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
@johnnyphi Do you only ship to the USA, or do you also ship worldwide? If you do, how much would be the shipping fee to Germany?

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
YES! I can ship to Germany

I will ship anywhere in the world. If you win an auction, then I will work with you to calculate the shipping charges. I normally use US Postal Service to ship internationally.

Unlucky Berman said:
@johnnyphi Do you only ship to the USA, or do you also ship worldwide? If you do, how much would be the shipping fee to Germany?

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
PayPal account is not required...

I received a PM regarding the need for PayPal accounts.

I handle all of my transactions via PayPal, but you do not need a PayPal account to purchase one of my hats. If you win, then I will send a PayPal invoice to your email address, and you can pay securely with your credit card via the PayPal website.

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Misbegotten degrees

It has been fascinating to observe the bidding patterns. There are far fewer incremental raises of $5 and more large increases, such as $15 or $25, than I would have expected, but I've never quite comprehended behavior in auctions. I imagine that an economist with some free time and an odd sense of amusement could write a whimsical short paper about this case.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Delthayre said:
It has been fascinating to observe the bidding patterns. There are far fewer incremental raises of $5 and more large increases, such as $15 or $25, than I would have expected, but I've never quite comprehended behavior in auctions. I imagine that an economist with some free time and an odd sense of amusement could write a whimsical short paper about this case.

I tend to agree that auction behavior can be strange. However, sometimes there are forces at work that make rational things seem odd. For example, bidders may not be able to monitor the auction near it's end time, thus forcing them to bid ebay style (highest price willing to pay). Since bidders can be from any time zone in the world, that issue is very likely effecting what we see. Heck, I once upped the bid by some $20 or more because I was going to be out of town the last three days of the auction. (It worked by the way, and it's the nicest vintage lid in my collection). :D

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Johnnyphi is tuckered out...

Sorry for the lack of auctions... It has been a rough couple of days. I'll post a few auctions tomorrow evening, if I can.

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
johnnyphi said:
Sorry for the lack of auctions... It has been a rough couple of days. I'll post a few auctions tomorrow evening, if I can.
That's OK Johnny, take your time and get some rest. We'll still be here when your ready :) .

Hoss & da Posse

One of the Regulars
daizawaguy said:
Were the hats evenly auctioned, or are the best left to the end? Just wonderin...
Although there have been some beaut's throughout the auction process, it certainly seems like the best has been saved for the end. There have been some impossibly awesome hats available and the the going prices reflect our obvious lust (at least in the popular sizes)...

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Well, from my observations, I think its safe to say that the hats have been pretty evenly mixed throughout. With most of the auction waves thus far, there have been a good variety of hats from different companies, and in different conditions. Course, I haven't paid attention to every auction, but there have been some real nice ones around. And with a community such as this one, there's likely to be differences in interest between hats. Some folks will like one hat, and not so much another. Still, I believe the majority of hats offered so far have found new owners, who have expressed their enthusiasm.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Based on the quality and condition (yes, even NOS condition varies) of the ones I have gotten, I'd say things were very evenly spread. That is supported by the fact that I "lust" for about the same proportion of hats remaining in relation to how many there are. ;)

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Thanks HB...I`m a 7 3/8 and a half LO! Psst...got an Art arriving next week thats gonna make you sick..better prepare for it!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
Thanks HB...I`m a 7 3/8 and a half LO! Psst...got an Art arriving next week thats gonna make you sick..better prepare for it!

You are killing melol , I have to be working my way to the top of his list soon.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
A few more 7 1/8 left...

handlebar bart said:
The 7 1/8's are gone:(

Don't forget about the Royal Stetson Deluxe:
C0000228938_2.jpg

This amazing old Schoble is still up for grabs:
C0000228851_2.jpg

Oh yeah... I've been meaning to tell you guys that our Italian friend Jaco didn't come through on buying the shoble he won a couple of weeks ago.
C0000228833_2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner