Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
Make sure to post pics if you do--there's just something about a four-eyed girl...;) (says Old Six-Eyes:eek:)

And I also have the added benefit of no competition at the mirror. Makeup? Me? Not a chance...

Ha, and here I thought "boys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses.":D

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
MrNewportCustom said:
1) Yes
2) 2
3) Slab (and I share it with roomies)
4) Loved it! Especially Statler and Waldorf, and I have Muppets in Space on DVD.

But I'm not willing to commute across the country again.

Lee

Statler: What would you do if you were a rich man?
Waldorf: I'd buy the network and cancel this show!

Lee, if you ever make it to the west coast...be sure to look me up.
: )

Matt Noir

One of the Regulars
This thread really has me thinking - It has caused much introspection.

I think I am an old fashioned fellow...and a hopeless romantic. I manage to have a very good career while still enjoying life (work is not my life - no one lying on their death bed ever uttered the words, "I wish I spent more time at the office").

After living 38 years I still fail to grasp why relationships have to be so incredibly complex and fraught with unending amounts of work. If you are with the person you want to spend most of your life with shouldn't it be relatively easy?

For me, the keys to a successful relationship are: Love, understanding, patience, honesty, respect, passion, and friendship. Truly love spending time with that person - enjoy and support each others interests and passions - realize that everyone needs their own time sometime and that not all interests are going to be shared - never go to bed angry - always remember the little things - accept the other person's faults and idiosyncracies - embrace those things as well - keep the spark of passion alive - fan it to flames often.

That's just this man's outlook.

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Matt

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
Mr. Noir,
I must say, I have the same train of thought as you. Why should something that is supposed to be beautiful and perfect have to be so difficult? I was married to a man who I thought was supposed to be my "True Companion" and he ended up being a dictator of my life. So, I had no choice but to search out for something better out of life. Hence the begining of my search for exactly what you described. Maybe life will throw some luck my way, and the angels will smile down on me and send me the one and only thing I have ever desired out of life. Love full of mutual admiration, respect, and passionate romance. Again, I am old fashioned in my values, and I like think that the bible verse "Love is patient and kind. Love knows neither envy nor jealousy. Love is not forward and self-assertive, nor boastful and conceited." I have a wall hanging in my home with that on it, that way it reminds me ever day to live true to it. Maybe some day soon God will send me Mr. Right, not just Mr. Right for now. Who knows??? Any suitors willing to fill a simple roll, and looking for a sweet, kind, loving woman, please apply with resume and references.

Matt Noir said:
This thread really has me thinking - It has caused much introspection.

I think I am an old fashioned fellow...and a hopeless romantic. I manage to have a very good career while still enjoying life (work is not my life - no one lying on their death bed ever uttered the words, "I wish I spent more time at the office").

After living 38 years I still fail to grasp why relationships have to be so incredibly complex and fraught with unending amounts of work. If you are with the person you want to spend most of your life with shouldn't it be relatively easy?

For me, the keys to a successful relationship are: Love, understanding, patience, honesty, respect, passion, and friendship. Truly love spending time with that person - enjoy and support each others interests and passions - realize that everyone needs their own time sometime and that not all interests are going to be shared - never go to bed angry - always remember the little things - accept the other person's faults and idiosyncracies - embrace those things as well - keep the spark of passion alive - fan it to flames often.

That's just this man's outlook.

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Matt

$ally

One Too Many
As to men making passes at girls who wear glasses; most of us AZ cheesecake chippes wear them and we can't keep the hot guys off us. It makes us seem more attainable, because without them we are too darn gorgeous and unapproachable.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Why should something that is supposed to be beautiful and perfect have to be so difficult? I was married to a man who I thought was supposed to be my "True Companion" ...

Well, this is probably true for more folks than not. I was married for 19 years to the woman who always said, "If you ever leave me, I'm going with you!" In the end, I left with the kids and the mortgage and she left with her boyfriend. A year later, I'm rediculously single and she's sans BF. We're friends but that's where it ends.
Maybe the problem is expectation. I'm at the stage where intelligence and heart and a strong sense of humor are far more important than a contract. I'm interested in a relationship and long-term if it happens. Another marriage,,,now that's a horse of a different color.
As for dating, I am seriously OOP. It's been a long time since I was a wild & crazy guy. As much as I'd like to go back to those days, it just ain't gonna happen.
Where does this leave a single guy with kids in Dallas, TX?
BTW, I do not feel sorry for myself in the least. The last year has been like starting 'Life Phase III'. Who knows where this will lead.

panamag8or

Practically Family
carter said:
Well, this is probably true for more folks than not. I was married for 19 years to the woman who always said, "If you ever leave me, I'm going with you!" In the end, I left with the kids and the mortgage and she left with her boyfriend. A year later, I'm rediculously single and she's sans BF. We're friends but that's where it ends.
Maybe the problem is expectation. I'm at the stage where intelligence and heart and a strong sense of humor are far more important than a contract. I'm interested in a relationship and long-term if it happens. Another marriage,,,now that's a horse of a different color.
As for dating, I am seriously OOP. It's been a long time since I was a wild & crazy guy. As much as I'd like to go back to those days, it just ain't gonna happen.
Where does this leave a single guy with kids in Dallas, TX?
BTW, I do not feel sorry for myself in the least. The last year has been like starting 'Life Phase III'. Who knows where this will lead.

Try starting over in Gainesville, FL, where all the single girls are half your age.:mad:

carter

I'll Lock Up
Try starting over in Gainesville, FL, where all the single girls are half your age.

And twice my horsepower!

I'd need a nitrous booster.

However, I do know this extremely cute charter captain operating out of Key West. Hmmm...

Edward

Bartender
PA Dancer said:
You are right about the subculture. We all want someone to share our interests, but how to I go about finding someone who is old fashioned, interested in dancing, car shows, has a job, car, a place to live with a foundation, has watched the muppets, doesn't want children or pets, and is perferably my age (34) or slightly older?

Bound ot be a few of those around, I'd have thought!

I do get out there and date, but it is usually very casual and ends in friendship. I love meeting new people no matter what. I don't mind putting in the effort even if it's just to be friends.

Well, my experience is that true friendships last, relationships generally don't. It'd be nice not to be automatically put into the friends box every time, but hey ho. Worse things can happen (like, well... pretty much all my relationships for a start. lol ).

I figure the more friends I have, the better chance I have to have someone to go play bingo with when I retire.

heh. :D

$ally said:
Don't be so sure. That may be the way to go.

Heh, it's pretty much what I do. There's a few things that are absolute reuqirements for me, others that "would be nice." Never found a woman with them all - at least, not one whose checklist I lived up to, anyhow. ;)

Viola said:
Does this mean you won't be arguing for mirror-time to get your eyeliner right?

I should have known it was a bad sign when I was talking to a guy my age, and hair product came up (and I don't bring that up) and it turned out he drops 6x on hair stuff than I do.:eek:

I've never been guilty of hair product in excesses.... hell, I certainly never will be either, not now! ;) The eyeliner, though.... well, you'd likely be too busy looking for it, while I was ni there hogging the mirror using it. I do keep losing my kohl pencils. Ah, well - i doubt it would be meant to be anyhow. If Toby Keith was rulnig the world, I'd be one of the very first against the wall. ;)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
Ah, well - i doubt it would be meant to be anyhow. If Toby Keith was rulnig the world, I'd be one of the very first against the wall. ;)

You mean you're in the Dixie Chicks? I must say you look different in your music videos, but I love your fiddle playing! lol

Edward

Bartender
Novella said:
Problem: How about too mainstream for the eccentrics, too eccentric for the mainstreams?

You mean you're a Mulder in a world of Lone Gunman on the one hand and Non-believers on the other? :D I'm sure you're far from alone there. And IMO it's far more often the people who are less extreme that attract others into a scene from the outside, rather than so much the hardcore (whic hthey outside, IME, see as looneys.... that is, until one day when they way up, dicsover they've been into it for years and they're now the loonies.

:p

Viola said:
You mean you're in the Dixie Chicks? I must say you look different in your music videos, but I love your fiddle playing! lol

I do look different in a dress. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart