Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Novella, if your outlook's a "female Mulder", as an open-to-possibilities-but-not-yet-convinced skeptic, I'd be willing to take the role of a "guy Scully"*...;)

*ATTITUDES, PEOPLE! I'm not changing my wardrobe or my "hardware configuration" for anything... geez, y'all got sick minds. Just plain sick.:rolleyes:

:D lol

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Well, Novella, if your outlook's a "female Mulder", as an open-to-possibilities-but-not-yet-convinced skeptic, I'd be willing to take the role of a "guy Scully"*...;)

But she'd be too obsessed with ... other things ... to do much besides crack jokes and participate in awkward sexual tension during stake outs.

nyx

One of the Regulars
On a serious note, my marriage ended about six months ago. I'm not in ANY hurry to date again, especially since I have a baby at home, but my question to all of you who have been through it is: How do I start dating when I'm ready?!? :eek: I don't even know where to begin. I feel totally overwhelmed by the whole dating issue. I'm not really into the bar scene (especially here in Cincinnati). Plus, as much as I love my baby, he definitely complicates the issue of dating again. Does anyone have any advice?

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
nyx said:
On a serious note, my marriage ended about six months ago. I'm not in ANY hurry to date again, especially since I have a baby at home, but my question to all of you who have been through it is: How do I start dating when I'm ready?!? :eek: I don't even know where to begin. I feel totally overwhelmed by the whole dating issue. I'm not really into the bar scene (especially here in Cincinnati). Plus, as much as I love my baby, he definitely complicates the issue of dating again. Does anyone have any advice?

I've never been married/divorced/have children, but I know what it's like getting back on the dating scene after 7 years of being relationship-less.

I would imagine having a baby might make you a little more choosey in picking people to date. But what I have been doing, that seems to be working is getting out and doing things you like to do. And let everyone you know know that you are looking.
There are plenty of people out there who know someone nice.
(I tend to make a lot of friends this way.)

Do you have any nice parks near you? Force yourself out for a walk and bring the baby. Single dads tend to bring the kids to the parks.
: )

I enjoy meeting new people date or no date, and I tend to be very choosey about what I want to commit to. Even tho no one calls me mommy...I tend to feel a lot of guys I meet around here are looking for just that.
lol.

When you are ready...take your time, and don't ever settle.
-Ann

pretty faythe

One Too Many
As i've been told, you'll just know. But advise, don't try to keep your baby a secret from prospective guys that you do meet when you are ready to date though. I have been a single mom most of my childrens lives, with some exceptions, even though my youngests father is active in her live and does try to act as a father figure in my oldest childs life to. But be honest with guys that you have child/ren, give them more credit then some women do, you'd be amazed with the kind of men that are out there, I have had some amazing boyfriends who are still amazing friends with me and my kids even though the relationships didnt work out for various reasons.
Where to meet them. Well, I've never been a bar scene person except when I was younger and they deff were not the kind to take home to my infants then lol. Work, family, friends, some times I have had luck online (not dating boardsm social friend boards) :eek: Heck, it seems that I may have reconnected with an old love myself, trouble is he up and moved to Indiana and I am in Las Vegas so I am patiantly :rage: lol waitng for October for him to get out here again.
I have had times when I have gone periods of, and I hate admitting this in public, sigh, lets see the biggest gap would be from when my oldest...so 5 years without any form of boyfriend after I started into the boyfriend world...so dont worry.

So, I hope this helps some. Good luck to you when the time is ready.

Jack Scorpion said:
But she'd be too obsessed with ... other things ... to do much besides crack jokes and participate in awkward sexual tension during stake outs.
Well, at least there'd be no "bee problem" requiring a trip to Antarctica like in the movie! (I'm the guy who went to sixth-grade camp looking like "the Orkin Man meets Wyatt Earp", with a big ol' can of insecticide on each hip...:eek: lol )

Besides, a Mulder's-exit-style abduction ain't happenin' around me, with my knowledge of heavy weaponry... (I'd like to see ET run at 800 feet per second or better! See, sometimes being "Tackleberry Lite" does have its uses!lol)

nyx

One of the Regulars
Thanks Ann and Faythe. The advice is much appreciated. I've been trying to get out more. I joined a work softball team, and I've made an effort to get out with old friends when I can get a babysitter. I've also been working on making myself look better, so that I feel better. Just for me--not to impress any guys. It's one reason I started lurking on FL to check out the Beauty threads;)

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
panamag8or said:
Try starting over in Gainesville, FL, where all the single girls are half your age.:mad:

There ain't a thing wrong with that.:eusa_clap Why would you want to only date someone your age????? Hell, boy, Florida is covered with bodacious babes why limit your choices?????

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
Diamondback said:
Besides, a Mulder's-exit-style abduction ain't happenin' around me, with my knowledge of heavy weaponry... (I'd like to see ET run at 800 feet per second or better! See, sometimes being "Tackleberry Lite" does have its uses!lol)

maybe he could just magic the bullet to stop with his weirdass glowing finger?

But I wouldn't be shootin' a harmless little fella like eveybody's favorite wrinkled Resse's Pieces-thief who just wanted to go home--I may be cold, but I'm not totally heartless. My ammo's reserved for critters like in War of the Worlds or Mars Attacks! (trust me, if you missed this one you made a good call) or Independence Day, that have not only capability but also intent.

zaika

One Too Many
i just spent the last...fourty five minutes reading this thread. you guys are hysterical! i wish i had been in on this thread earlier. :)

DB..you didn't like Mars Attacks! ?? one of my fave movies!!

i'll throw out my request for membership to this room...i'm single and think i'm not horrible to look at...however i know that most men find the larger woman to be unappealing, so i'm not holding my breath. lol (for the record, i have been shrinking in the last year for my own health, so maybe in another year i'll be 'voluptuous' instead of just 'big' and therefore appealing to more people [huh] :D )but i DO love zoolander and can do a mean Le Tigre...so i guess i could qualify for membership to this room? lol

zaika said:
DB..you didn't like Mars Attacks! ?? one of my fave movies!!
Different strokes for different folks--I'm just not much of a comedy fan... my idea of good comedy's some of the lighter moments in the Lethal Weapon series: the entire "Leo" character appears to be just there for comic-relief... I'm usually Mr. "War and Action Flicks", remember? (The romantic in me has always wanted to reenact the bar scene from Top Gun, and I have a connection who might be able to arrange a bar full of real fighter-jock--okay, ex-fighter-pilot:eusa_doh:--backup singers...:D lol )

As for your self-deprecating commentary: real beauty comes from within, remember?;)

carter said:
:D I LIKE a woman with ATTITUDE! :D
So do I... and I'm not of sufficient age to be her father, let alone almost grandfather...:p lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters