Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I don't really belong here as I am not single (please don't punish me!) but just to put in my 2cents on this subject, there's nothing more guaranteed to make me attracted to someone than them acting like they are attracted to me. Girls like to be chased! it's a bit manipulative, but if you really want to catch a female of the species, it's best to chase a bit and then cool off a bit. watch her run to you!! ;)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Yes, we are so stupid...lol

Ada Veen said:
I don't really belong here as I am not single (please don't punish me!) but just to put in my 2cents on this subject, there's nothing more guaranteed to make me attracted to someone than them acting like they are attracted to me. Girls like to be chased! it's a bit manipulative, but if you really want to catch a female of the species, it's best to chase a bit and then cool off a bit. watch her run to you!! ;)

Jovan

Suspended
Ada Veen said:
Well, if that happens, it's not intended by my current course of action. The girl is just utterly confusing to me.

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Ada Veen said:

I think I'd likely take the cooling off as a sign of disinterest and start looking for someone else to chase me.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
ClaraB said:
I think I'd likely take the cooling off as a sign of disinterest and start looking for someone else to chase me.

You'd wonder why he cooled off though... and want him to chase you again.... so if he cooled off, and then say asked you out two weeks later? I think you might say yes! :p

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Ada Veen said:
You'd wonder why he cooled off though... and want him to chase you again.... so if he cooled off, and then say asked you out two weeks later? I think you might say yes! :p

I'd go out with him again, but I'd also be going out with the new guy I met while he was busy "cooling off" for two weeks! ;) :D

Jovan

Suspended
Lincsong said:
I'm not surprised.:eek:
I tell her how I feel... she recently broke up with her boyfriend... and she says she appreciates me being honest but that she isn't looking for a boyfriend right now. Fair enough, and I let her know that I wasn't trying to woo her by saying that. Mind you, she has acted like she's attracted to me before. Anyways, later in the night she proceeds to tell me, when I prompted her to dance, that she will, "only dance with them." I guess meaning her friends but... what the hell? I'm not her friend enough? What's going on here? Later that night I see the girl I was living with getting a little overly friendly with her -- as in touching her lower back -- and they run off to her apartment together for "some chicken" and she doesn't say bye to anyone. So either it was due to her being drunk and it didn't mean anything, or she really just meant not looking for a BOYFRIEND.

I think, once again, I may be confusing true affection with infatuation. Perhaps from both sides.

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
MaryDeluxe said:
I'd go out with him again, but I'd also be going out with the new guy I met while he was busy "cooling off" for two weeks! ;) :D

Exactly. Well said.

Jovan, wish I could offer some advice, but what can I say- girls are awful confusing, or maybe just awful.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Jovan said:
I tell her how I feel... she recently broke up with her boyfriend... and she says she appreciates me being honest but that she isn't looking for a boyfriend right now. Fair enough, and I let her know that I wasn't trying to woo her by saying that. Mind you, she has acted like she's attracted to me before. Anyways, later in the night she proceeds to tell me, when I prompted her to dance, that she will, "only dance with them." I guess meaning her friends but... what the hell? I'm not her friend enough? What's going on here? Later that night I see the girl I was living with getting a little overly friendly with her -- as in touching her lower back -- and they run off to her apartment together for "some chicken" and she doesn't say bye to anyone. So either it was due to her being drunk and it didn't mean anything, or she really just meant not looking for a BOYFRIEND.

I think, once again, I may be confusing true affection with infatuation. Perhaps from both sides.

I'm not sure if I like the sound of her... maybe she's not good enough for you.

I'm editing this because I was just browsing through the "what are you wearing today?" thread and saw a picture of you...

She DEFINITELY isn't good enough for you. You are HOT and should forget her and choose one of the other sixteen girls that must be secretly in love with you at any one given time. That is my opinion, and it is based on facts :p

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Jovan said:

Dump this nutjob.

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Ada Veen said:
I'm not sure if I like the sound of her... maybe she's not good enough for you.

I'm editing this because I was just browsing through the "what are you wearing today?" thread and saw a picture of you...

She DEFINITELY isn't good enough for you. You are HOT and should forget her and choose one of the other sixteen girls that must be secretly in love with you at any one given time. That is my opinion, and it is based on facts :p
Yes yes, Jovan is very good looking....appearance alone does not determine a persons worth. Looks aside this girl sounds like a waste of time, the heart wants what it wants though and guys always go for girls like this.

Jovan

Suspended
She seemed a lot cooler up until now, believe me. I've gotten over people like this more quickly in recent years, thank God.

And, thanks for the compliments... but I don't believe that anyone likes me quite that way. The problem is, if they do, they never say anything. Now, my friend Amber says a girl was hitting on me that same night at the same Hallowe'en party, but I didn't see it. Guess I'm just blind to how people feel about me. -_-

Edward

Bartender
Ada Veen said:
Girls like to be chased! it's a bit manipulative, but if you really want to catch a female of the species, it's best to chase a bit and then cool off a bit. watch her run to you!! ;)

I've never deliberately "cooled off" as a strategy - its' more like an admission of defeat after the chasing doesn't produce any favourable response. There's no coming running involved, though, in my experience - I think the closest to that was my occasional phone calls started to get returned.... so she could tell me how much she hated being single and that she never meets and decent men. Ouch. :rolleyes:

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
I've never deliberately "cooled off" as a strategy - its' more like an admission of defeat after the chasing doesn't produce any favourable response. There's no coming running involved, though, in my experience - I think the closest to that was my occasional phone calls started to get returned.... so she could tell me how much she hated being single and that she never meets and decent men. Ouch. :rolleyes:

Yeah, been there. Always been the shoulder to cry on but never the one to hold. Even with this so-called marriage, I'm more of a problem solver than a romantic interest. I was changing a bad fuse in my wife's truck this weekend and found pics from a photo booth of her and some guy. Looks to have been taken last week when she went away on a "work" trip. :( Not even worth mentioning to her, as it'll just cause us to fight. Right now she's agreeing to equal custody of the kids and the assets split right down the middle. After she signs the papers, then she might hear a few choice words ... if I even care at that point.

Jovan - Advice might not mean much coming from me, but ya gotta stop trying so hard. Just let things happen. I guarantee someone's interested, but either you're not seeing it or she's just too darn shy. Patience, Grasshopper.

Richard

Ada Veen

Practically Family
ClaraB said:
Yes yes, Jovan is very good looking....appearance alone does not determine a persons worth. Looks aside this girl sounds like a waste of time, the heart wants what it wants though and guys always go for girls like this.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that! I just wanted to clarify it in case he didn't realise ;)

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Ada Veen said:
Oh, I wasn't suggesting that! I just wanted to clarify it in case he didn't realise ;)

I figured you meant it that way! I apologize if I came off in a negative way, it's just that recently in my own life many people have told me I am too good for certain people and I know a lot of their reasoning is based on appearance and I guess I don't think thats very fair.....I think I would have passed up a lot of great people had I subscribed to their reasoning.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
ClaraB said:
I figured you meant it that way! I apologize if I came off in a negative way, it's just that recently in my own life many people have told me I am too good for certain people and I know a lot of their reasoning is based on appearance and I guess I don't think thats very fair.....I think I would have passed up a lot of great people had I subscribed to their reasoning.

My first reaction was that Jovan was obviously concerned about doing the right thing by this girl, and that's why he was discussing it here, whereas she didn't seem to care too much about how her actions affect other people. You don't need to apologize though... I generally think that being too good/not good enough is based on how well they treat you. If a guy recognises your worth Clara, then he's good enough (as long as he's not a drug addict or thief or something!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters