Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovan

Suspended
Who knows who will come along. I think it's better if I just don't try for now. Every girl I've ever talked to just because they seemed approachable, which was exactly it in [let's just call her] J's case, has ended in complete failure for me as a friend or otherwise. Am I cursed or just more of a dork than I realize?

And believe me, I even stopped responding to her Facebook pokes! I'm not going to do anything a-holish like remove her from my friends list or tell her to get away from me if she sees me in the streets, but it is best that I don't initiate contact for now. If she wants me, well, it'll show like with Faythe. Or not. Either way, I'm not sure I want much to do with her.

Thanks for the support everyone, but I think you'd have a different perspective of me if you met me in person. I'm just, weird.

Mods: Feel free to move this conversation to a new thread if it's overly lengthy... I don't want to take up space with all my emotastic rants. lol

panamag8or

Practically Family
Jovan said:
Who knows who will come along. I think it's better if I just don't try for now. Every girl I've ever talked to just because they seemed approachable, which was exactly it in [let's just call her] J's case, has ended in complete failure for me as a friend or otherwise. Am I cursed or just more of a dork than I realize?

And believe me, I even stopped responding to her Facebook pokes! I'm not going to do anything a-holish like remove her from my friends list or tell her to get away from me if she sees me in the streets, but it is best that I don't initiate contact for now. If she wants me, well, it'll show like with Faythe. Or not. Either way, I'm not sure I want much to do with her.

Thanks for the support everyone, but I think you'd have a different perspective of me if you met me in person. I'm just, weird.

Mods: Feel free to move this conversation to a new thread if it's overly lengthy... I don't want to take up space with all my emotastic rants. lol

Dude, you're not weird... well, maybe just a touch. Okay, I'm kidding.lol

What you are, is quiet and reserved, and that's fine. It'll happen for you one day, probably when you least expect it.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
pretty faythe said:
And anywhoo, even though ya really dont need her. You start ignoring her, she'll be drawn to you. I recently got rid of one crush/friend I had that he knew I was interested in him and he was using it for his advantages, knowing he was never going to take it to anything more than friends. I got fed up with his user/loser behind one day after work and told him to get out of my car (I was giving him rides to work and taking him to other places he needed to go). I was extremely tired after a long day, some other things happened and name calling pursued. A few weeks later he has started talking to me at working asking me if I am still mad at him, trying to get me to give him some brownies I had for some other people, if I will ever smile at him again, etc, trying to work his charm on me again...HAH!! He is basically doing the chasing now. But I know his true colors and they are not purty, they are muddy. So sad that the inside is not as nice looking as the outside. :(

Go Faythe! Kick that loser to the curb!!

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
panamag8or said:
There are about 25,000 tomatoes within a 5-mile radius of Jovan at any given time. I'd say his odds are pretty good.

Exactly. :eusa_clap So knock of that sensitive, mushy spined crap. Take charge. Eat some red meat and white bread. Drink some straight whiskey. Walk up to some hot babe and tell her; "hey toots, you're wearing red. Looking good. Hey me and my buddy Panamag8tor here want to buy you the next round".... Florida chicks want a guy they can depend on, not a guy who wears Depends.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
pretty faythe said:
And anywhoo, even though ya really dont need her. You start ignoring her, she'll be drawn to you. I recently got rid of one crush/friend I had that he knew I was interested in him and he was using it for his advantages, knowing he was never going to take it to anything more than friends.

I hate people like that. I had a guy friend who'd do women that way & I told him about a guy that was interested in me & I wasn't interested in him, and that I had a hard time telling guys to hit the road, it was never going to happen, and he told me to "string him along, and have fun teasing him." I just gagged. I don't see what is so fun in tormenting people.

Jovan

Suspended
Miss Brill said:
I hate people like that. I had a guy friend who'd do women that way & I told him about a guy that was interested in me & I wasn't interested in him, and that I had a hard time telling guys to hit the road, it was never going to happen, and he told me to "string him along, and have fun teasing him." I just gagged. I don't see what is so fun in tormenting people.
If J's been doing that to me... well, screw her.

So far she hasn't "come crawling back" but it's not like it matters anyway.

Edward

Bartender
The more i hear of other people's relationships, the more glad I am I don't have one of my own.

Say that often enough, and one day I might even believe it myself.

Emmababy, you ever been to Brum's CandyBox Burlesque Club in the Glee?

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Jovan said:
If J's been doing that to me... well, screw her.

So far she hasn't "come crawling back" but it's not like it matters anyway.

I think some people get their self-esteem from having "crushes." They try to keep people interested because it makes them feel good, plain and simple.

I found this online:
Flirtation is also sometimes muddled together with an
almost universally cursed behavior called teasing. To
set the record straight, teasing occurs when
someone gives you a concentrated dose of attention in
order to get you to do something you are not going to
get to do anyway. The result is disappointment
flavored with humiliation. All teasing has a secret
power agenda, frequently a hostile one, and sometimes
a sexual one.

You can usually tell if you are being teased by
someone who does not wish you well because you are
likely to feel turned on, hurt, angry, and powerless
all at the same time. Which means you won't know
exactly what you're feeling. (The characteristic
bewilderment of being slyly jerked around.)

Jovan

Suspended
Miss Brill said:
I think some people get their self-esteem from having "crushes." They try to keep people interested because it makes them feel good, plain and simple.

I found this online:
You could be right on the money. At least she admitted to me once she has a bad habit of making guys think she's interested in them. It doesn't make it any less destructive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart