Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Single & Ridiculously Good-Lookin' Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
pretty faythe said:
AHHH HAAA!!! Now I know why I had the Davey Crocket theme song in my head the other da...It's all Lincsongs Fault!lol

I can just imagine you wandering around Vegas and humming the Davy Crockett song. Is there anyone you'd like us to call about your mental health? ;) Then again, I suppose we each have to be a bit off our rockers to live in this stinkin' state anyway. It helps us survive. lol

Richard

pretty faythe

One Too Many
lol....actually I was singing it at the Las Vegas Convetion Center, got a teamster to sing it too..lol. Hmmm....just call Bellevue...lol... Do we have one here in Nevada? Hmmmmm......

LocktownDog said:
I can just imagine you wandering around Vegas and humming the Davy Crockett song. Is there anyone you'd like us to call about your mental health? ;) Then again, I suppose we each have to be a bit off our rockers to live in this stinkin' state anyway. It helps us survive. lol

Richard

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Lincsong, just for you....a snow bunny!!!!!!

snow_bunny.jpg

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
pretty faythe said:
Its snow....it's bunnies....lol :p
I've never claimed 100% sanity, maybe 98.6%

Works for me. I don't even know anyone who considers themselves a snowbunny...anyone?

And Mr. Deckard, Camarillo? I commute to school out there. Nice weather! :)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Jovan said:
I tell her how I feel... she recently broke up with her boyfriend... and she says she appreciates me being honest but that she isn't looking for a boyfriend right now. Fair enough, and I let her know that I wasn't trying to woo her by saying that. Mind you, she has acted like she's attracted to me before. Anyways, later in the night she proceeds to tell me, when I prompted her to dance, that she will, "only dance with them." I guess meaning her friends but... what the hell? I'm not her friend enough? What's going on here? Later that night I see the girl I was living with getting a little overly friendly with her -- as in touching her lower back -- and they run off to her apartment together for "some chicken" and she doesn't say bye to anyone. So either it was due to her being drunk and it didn't mean anything, or she really just meant not looking for a BOYFRIEND.

I think, once again, I may be confusing true affection with infatuation. Perhaps from both sides.

I agree with Lincsong, Jovan. She sounds a little less than interested in you.

I've done just that with my off-and-on real-life crush of twenty-some years, and for that exact reason. Cari says she wants to be friends, but I can't get her to go out for anything. Neither lunch, dinner nor to help her with her dog. And when she does finally agree to doing something, she keeps me waiting three or four hours.

I used to take pictures of her, and still have a few shots of her in my portfolio, but to get to the shoot location at nine I'd tell her we had to be on location at seven. Which meant that we usually started shooting at ten. The last time that happened, about six weeks ago, I was going to take pictures of her dog for her. I was free all day and afternoon was the best time for her, so I told her we needed to start shooting a few hours before the sun went down. When I finally got in touch with her, the sun was sitting on top of the hills and she was on her way to the location. I told her I didn't have equipment to shoot at night and I wasn't going to do it, could we reschedule. I haven't heard from her since.

Clearly, she's not interested in me, and your lady isn't interested in you, either. Your crush and mine are lost causes. Chalk her up to experience and move on. Find someone better, more worthy of your time, attention and affections.

Me? I'm getting back into photography so I'll have something constructive to do with my time: no more waiting for anyone.

Lee

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
She's not a friend, she's a bi-polar schizoid. Drop her. There's plenty of good looking babes in Florida. It's not like you're out in some Nebraska corn county with a population of 600.

So go out to the garden, and pick another tomato from the vine.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Jovan said:
It's one thing to have that done to by a crush. But by someone who's supposed to be your friend? Eugh.

Crush and friend. I've allowed her to disprove the latter too many times. Now she's no longer the former, either.

Lee

No more dreaming. It's time for doing!

panamag8or

Practically Family
Lincsong said:
She's not a friend, she's a bi-polar schizoid. Drop her. There's plenty of good looking babes in Florida. It's not like you're out in some Nebraska corn county with a population of 600.

So go out to the garden, and pick another tomato from the vine.

There are about 25,000 tomatoes within a 5-mile radius of Jovan at any given time. I'd say his odds are pretty good.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
And anywhoo, even though ya really dont need her. You start ignoring her, she'll be drawn to you. I recently got rid of one crush/friend I had that he knew I was interested in him and he was using it for his advantages, knowing he was never going to take it to anything more than friends. I got fed up with his user/loser behind one day after work and told him to get out of my car (I was giving him rides to work and taking him to other places he needed to go). I was extremely tired after a long day, some other things happened and name calling pursued. A few weeks later he has started talking to me at working asking me if I am still mad at him, trying to get me to give him some brownies I had for some other people, if I will ever smile at him again, etc, trying to work his charm on me again...HAH!! He is basically doing the chasing now. But I know his true colors and they are not purty, they are muddy. So sad that the inside is not as nice looking as the outside. :(

Any way, I concur with every one else Jovan....Find another Floridian with a purty inside!!!!!!!

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
pretty faythe said:
And anywhoo, even though ya really dont need her. You start ignoring her, she'll be drawn to you. I recently got rid of one crush/friend I had that he knew I was interested in him and he was using it for his advantages, knowing he was never going to take it to anything more than friends. I got fed up with his user/loser behind one day after work and told him to get out of my car (I was giving him rides to work and taking him to other places he needed to go). I was extremely tired after a long day, some other things happened and name calling pursued. A few weeks later he has started talking to me at working asking me if I am still mad at him, trying to get me to give him some brownies I had for some other people, if I will ever smile at him again, etc, trying to work his charm on me again...HAH!! He is basically doing the chasing now. But I know his true colors and they are not purty, they are muddy. So sad that the inside is not as nice looking as the outside. :(

Ah, so you have that problem too, huh? lol

Maybe try telling him "There is no us--you are cut off, like as in 'amputation'... as in, whatever we had is immediately and permanently [voice=Ahhhnold]terminated[/voice]"?

Yes, you have to use the bad Arnold machine-monotone straight out of T2 for this to come off right...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw