Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The TFL Spirit

There was mention of “the Spirit of the Lounge” in a recent thread, and it made me reflect on the kindness members have shown me over the years. Certain threads can really get us all tizzied up, but in general this is the friendliest and most gentlemanly internet “hideout” I’ve found.
Thank you to the members who have been generous with me, I really appreciate the people that make this forum great.

I agree. There’s been some contention around here lately. I don’t think it’s ill will toward fellow members. We are a passionate bunch. We are also educated in the hobby. There’s bound to be collisions based on those two factors but the TFL spirit almost always prevails. That’s the sole reason I haven’t left tbh. That and I haven’t even started to showcase my 70’s era ski jacket collection.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
i wholeheartedly agree, and I thank each and ever one of you who post here and make TFL such a great place!
This was my first, and really, my only Internet forum. I have spent a little bit of time on other forums here and there, and have been disappointed to find that trolling and endless sniping seems to be the norm. Not here though.

Entropindigo

One of the Regulars
I agree with all that's been said, but I'll add that I've learned as much from reading through various differences in opinion (and let's face it, at times straight up vitriolic clashes) and appreciate that this is a space of expertise that doesn't descend into an echo chamber/circle jerk where all the opinions morph into one. It's a unique find, and unlike any other forum I've seen and one I'm thankful for.

Jwag

One of the Regulars
I was quite active on here from 2011-2018 then just stopped visiting for unknown reasons. I learned SO much from reading all the wonderful information and great pictures. I just came back the other day and realized how much I enjoyed it here! I hope to reclaim my "familiar face" status again.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I am very happy to be a part of this community for the past couple of years. Going from a complete noob who accidentally found this place looking for resources on leather jackets, lurking for a year, buying a custom Aero, to sign up and start posting.
About 30-40 jackets bought and sold later, I’m still here and are still enjoying it. The camaraderie and generosity here is unlike anything I’ve seen online. I tend to stay out of conflicts and clashes if I can, but a lot of times they are interesting to read.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I drifted away from TFL after my GW debacle but despite trying a few other interest group forums found them all to be pretty toxic and just horrible places to visit and spend time.

I’m glad I found my way over the past few months, the only downside, I’ve bought 3 damn jackets in that time … oh well, I guess that’s just the price of admission.

This is the most decent corner of the internet imo

Khilij

One of the Regulars
I've definitely learned a lot from many of the members here, and it's been really cool getting into a new hobby and joining a community of people willing to teach. Very glad I decided to sign up and participate.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Definitely my favorite forum on the internet no question. A generally wonderful and welcome place that is also pretty solid at rooting out trolls really quickly. When we see people being trash, we throw it out really quickly while being welcoming to anyone else.

That's a difficult tightrope to walk and I haven't seen any other internet group actually get that balance right the way this place has.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Being an old curmudgeon, I've been on multiple forums and websites... I've watched em come and watched em go. Some go out like a supernova, others just fade away like morning fog. This is the ONLY forum I come to on a daily basis. I've came in knowing nothing about leather jackets and vintage clothing (some might say I STILL know nothing) and at least have some modicum of knowledge and a collection that makes me happy. I've thanked numerous members by name over the years so I won't bore you all with any of that, but I must say I've never stayed any where so long or felt so comforted being there.

Worf

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
members here are ranging from 20s to 70s years of age from boomers to gen z, coming from all continents in the world, with different walks of life, for some english is not even their second language, but somehow we all agree about what objectively makes a decent quality jacket and a decent fit within acceptable margin of personal taste, and we can voice that freely in civilized tone, even when here an there sometime we disagree but mostly it will get resolved without anyone losing face or getting banned, unless someone really want to be banned.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
members here are ranging from 20s to 70s years of age from boomers to gen z, coming from all continents in the world, with different walks of life, for some english is not even their second language, but somehow we all agree about what objectively makes a decent quality jacket and a decent fit within acceptable margin of personal taste, and we can voice that freely in civilized tone, even when here an there sometime we disagree but mostly it will get resolved without anyone losing face or getting banned, unless someone really want to be banned.
Yes, big kudos to the Bartenders here who keep us on the straight and narrow. This site has the best moderation on the whole internet. Easy when they can be, firm hand when they have to. Just amazing. @Peacoat , please convey our thanks to the whole bartender team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran