Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The very *pink* of perfection!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
^Hahaha!

tumblr_l8udxo7YVC1qaua9bo1_400.jpg

http://mademoisellebardot.tumblr.com

Last edited:

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
flygvrdinnaflprofil.jpg

Yours truly in pink sixties stewardess dress sitting on pink bed. Apparently Ann-Margret had a round pink bed too! It was a gift from Elvis.

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
Looking at the Grease pics made me recall how much I deeply love that movie- having seen it at a very young age was the start of something I think! You know I am actually considering buying one of the jackets. I usually don't go for something so self-consciously kitschy but OHMYGOD I want one. What does anyone think? Cute and kitschy, or silly fancy-dress?

BoPeep

Practically Family
^^ The only thing that can make pink better is when it's gossamer and blowing in the breeze. Gorgeous!!

And Frenchy56 - I'd go for it. Maybe a Pink Ladies jacket isn't appropriate for every day wear, but definitely good for certain occasions. I'm planning to do an Elvis-print dress this summer. Have deliberated for over a year now, but doesn't everyone need a tribute piece?! lol

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
If I ever get married, I think it might be in pink gingham, a la Brigitte!! I love that dress.

RIP to this beautiful pink silk 1950s dress I own! :(
My mom bought it at a vintage store in the 80s during her punk rock days; she passed it on to me, but unfortunately the silk is starting to tear around the seams. It looks pretty hanging up, though!

pink1-1.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Pink hasn't always been the color for girls. Maybe some of you can tell us more about this?
This was interesting: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/When-Did-Girls-Start-Wearing-Pink.html
In June 1918, an article from the trade publication Earnshaw's Infants' Department advised, "The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl." Through the following decades, several department stores, including Filene's, Halle's and Marshall Field, recommended that boys be dressed in pink.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy