Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Wing Tipped Collar, help needed.

Woland

One of the Regulars
Dear Loungers.

I am making yet another attempt to get a wing-tipped bespoke shirt ala' 30s - 40s made for me.
My last attempt resulted in to slight a curve on the outer part of the wing, and far to much spread between the wings.
Looked kinda 70s... (The Horror, the horror!)

This time I have sent them a batch of pictures, so I'm pretty certain they will get the curve right.
But since I do not own any shirts from the golden era, well; I feel a bit uncertain as to length of collar, widht of spread etc.

Ravistailor have sent me some kind of form, in which I am supposed to give proper measurements:

CollarSizes.jpg

My neck size is 18".
Anyone able to help me out here?

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am not at home so I can't measure my shirts. Try a 3.5” collar point with a smaller spread and about the same height as your modern dress shirts.[huh]

The curve is important too. Even more important than the exact lenght imo. There is a good sketch in a german vintage forum http://return2style.de/faqs.htm
Scroll down to the end of the page.

Cobden

Practically Family
I have a couple of original size 17" collars I don't mind getting rid of (far too large for me) if you want one as a template?

Woland

One of the Regulars
Thank you for your help.
I opted for:

Back Height 1,5 inches
Point Length 3,5 inches
Collar Spread 3,0 inches

And I enclosed the picture from the German site.

Hopefully it'll be alright.

Woland

One of the Regulars
Well, the shirt arrived quite some time ago, but does not look right to me...
Kinda 70ish IMO.

Advice & opinions much appreciated:

Back:

Collar3.jpg

Sideways:

Collar2.jpg

Front:

Collar1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member