Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi Leathers - Buco J-100 Repro

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
I have always loved the simple lines of the Cafe Racer MC jacket. I had looked to getting a vintage example, but the prices are high and the supply low, so I decided to go for a repro.

I really liked the look of Shinki horse hide, but an already expensive jacket can suffer from further custom duties on importation to the UK making it in my view unaffordable. I got some samples from Aero and though I loved the look of the FQHH, I really didn't want to spend the hours needed to break it in. Vicenza horse hide was a possibility and I very nearly put an order in when I saw a thread on here by dan_t regarding Thedi Leathers. His was the jacket I was looking for.

Then started an email conversation with Theodoros at Thedi Leathers as we worked out the exact details of the jacket I wanted. I must say a big thank you to Theodoros who was extremely patient with me over the many weeks it took me to reach a final decision. I don't want a closet full of jackets so it was important I got it right.

In the end I went for a 4 pocket cafe racer in the style of a Buco J-100. I am not as knowledgeable as many on this forum and wasn't concerned for a perfect reproduction. I just really liked its sleek lines & unfussy appearance. I also, for reasons I don't really understand, love the angled chest pockets!

Here it is. I can try for some better fit pics over the weekend, but I'm only able to manage mirror selfies today.

Close up of the leather

Note: I'm having issues with photobucket - it wont let me rotate my images. I'll try and fix it later. (Edit, hopefully that's fixed it)

Last edited:
Awesome! Beautiful jacket man...fit looks perfect and the hide looks amazing...what more can you ask for? It seems that Thedi is making some real traction lately and the more I see of his stuff it's easy to see why. GORGEOUS jackets that fit to the nuts.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Great fit, it looks trim but still very comfortable. I'm assuming it's the Italian HH? I think with Thurston getting deeper involved with Thedi we are going to see a lot more beautiful jackets popping up. Congratulations.

Edward

Bartender
Classy, very simple lines. I like it a lot. Interesting to note that there's been a real renassance for the cafe racer style round here of late.

Well now you made me contact Thedi. Thanks a lot, man...

I love so much about this jacket. Sleek thin mandarin collar, double stitching rows, lines at the back... Leather looks beyond beautiful, also. Four pockets are a big plus for me. Man, from what I'm seeing here, this is a Himel / RCM / GW rank just like that and for a $700 how much these go for if I am not mistaken, I don't see how you could possibly do any better than Thedi.

Well now you made me contact Thedi. Thanks a lot, man...

I love so much about this jacket. Sleek thin mandarin collar, double stitching rows, lines at the back... Leather looks beyond beautiful, also. Four pockets are a big plus for me. Man, from what I'm seeing here, this is a Himel / RCM / GW rank just like that and for a $700 how much these go for if I am not mistaken, I don't see how you could possibly do any better than Thedi.
That slight dip to the hem in back is a nice touch too!

So here's a question for those in the know...what's the wait time on a Thedi? I love this CR but I'm also really partial to handymike's shawl collared affair...

technovox

One Too Many
Beautiful jacket! And looks like a good fit too. Love the slanted pockets- takes it back a decade or two. And diamond pulls are a nice touch. And I've always liked an inside pocket- this will be a very versatile and functional jacket.
I find it fascinating that within the iconic cafe racer style, and even the more specific J-100 style, there are still so many subtle variations.
Is the Italian horsehide that Thedi uses the same as Aero/Thurston's Vicenza?

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
So here's a question for those in the know...what's the wait time on a Thedi? I love this CR but I'm also really partial to handymike's shawl collared affair...

I'm not sure, as I changed my mind several times! But I think it's around 6 weeks. Best to ask Theodoros directly, buts it's not more than 3 months.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Thedi has seriously been killing it lately. I have to say from the quality of construction I see in the pics people have been posting lately they are the best price to quality ratio I have seen around. The stitching looks nicer than Aero, the fits are incredible, and the service seems first rate!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks great!

Thedi does make a great jacket at a very reasonable price, its great to see more people coming around to see this.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
great looking jacket, I really like the back panels, and the proportion of the collar and how it is mounted on the jacket make it more flat neck hugging racing look than standing vertical mandarin look.

dan_t

Practically Family
Love, love, love!!!!
Awesome design & great fit too. He is making sensational jackets (if mine is anything to go by & your pictures).
If there was anything I'd change with mine, I'd add the hand warmer pockets like yours. Considering though that I didn't buy new, I'm not complaining at all.
In fact, I had an opportunity to wear mine out last night & loved it. Wear in good health!

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
Couple more pictures, unfortunately taken under artificial light making the leather appear shinier than in real life, but best I can do for now:

The leather is heavy but very pliable. It's the best leather I've ever owned but I don't have the knowledge base of many on here. I cant wait for it to conform. The fit is snug, but extremely comfortable. It doesn't allow much layering, but that is the fit I asked for. The length of jacket and sleeves is exactly what I asked for.

I am incredibly happy with this jacket and yes I need a black belt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails