Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi Padded Cafe Racer in Italian HH

pawineguy

One Too Many
This is the second Thedi jacket I have purchased though Thurston, the first now lives with a new owner in Australia, and this one will be used almost exclusively for riding. The HH is similar, but slightly thicker and with more grain than my first one. (although that one did develop more through wear) It's got a fantastic veg tanned smell, and is very soft right out of the box.

Body is lined in cotton drill but sleeves are in a slick sateen for easy on/off. Quality is high again, stitching and the padding looks good. Zippers are Talon reproductions. with the usual Thedi "pistol pocket" that's actually a false front over a standard rectangular pocket. I like the Thedi labels which give it a vintage feel.

Fit is as expected since it's my second jacket in the same size. A little bit of room in the upper back but I need that to layer and for reaching out to the bars. Very happy so far.

IMG_0873.JPG IMG_0874.JPG IMG_0875.JPG IMG_0876.JPG IMG_0877.JPG IMG_0878.JPG IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0880.JPG IMG_0882.JPG IMG_0883.JPG

That's awesome, beautiful jacket and fit...how do you like the two way zip? I've always liked this type of zip for M/C jackets tho the Vanson models I had with this feature were a bear to zip initially.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Chris, very sharp looking jacket that looks like it was custom made for you. Are you able to fit an armored shirt comfortably underneath when riding? How does the fit and feel compare to your DD J-100?

pawineguy

One Too Many
Chris, very sharp looking jacket that looks like it was custom made for you. Are you able to fit an armored shirt comfortably underneath when riding? How does the fit and feel compare to your DD J-100?

Thanks Fanch, I just tried on one of my armored shirts and it will be comfortable, as the shirts fit so tight. The DD has larger upper arms and more of a pre-curve to the elbow, and the waist comes in tighter. I'll wear the DD more for just casual wear as opposed to this which will be for the bike. The DD leather is lighter and more flexible.

pawineguy

One Too Many
That's awesome, beautiful jacket and fit...how do you like the two way zip? I've always liked this type of zip for M/C jackets tho the Vanson models I had with this feature were a bear to zip initially.

It's not as important as on the Vansons because this jacket is not nearly as stiff as they are, but it's nice to have it as an option, especially when layering under the jacket.

GregO

One of the Regulars
I've seen many of your fit pics of various café racers you've picked up. Indeed, I'll always open a thread where I've seen you post, because you have had so many jackets in the last year or two and often times we share a similar taste.

I'm a brutally honest guy, so I'll just spit this out:

Some of the other racers you've had weren't all that flattering on you, in my opinion. You may agree, as I see that you moved some of them to new homes. This Thedi, however, really works well on you. I think the padding draws the eye to the shoulders, and just makes for a better overall appearance.

Looks great.

Some of the other racers you've had weren't all that flattering on you, in my opinion. You may agree, as I see that you moved some of them to new homes. This Thedi, however, really works well on you. I think the padding draws the eye to the shoulders, and just makes for a better overall appearance.
Looks great.

I was about to say basically the same thing so, signed and seconded. Not that I ever thought any of your jackets was a miss, but if I am to be asked, of all the CR's you've had, PG, this one (and the A-2) fits you best! Really, really excellent fit. Great around the shoulders, body... really how a slim fit jacket should look. Make this one a keeper!

Fit aside, fantastic jacket in itself! Reminds me of an old Taubers I was in love with. So well made. It's clear lots of love has been invested into this jacket.

Man, Greece is really close by. I'm going to take a ride there this spring & visit Thedi.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Beautiful jacket, we can see the quality through your photos.

From all the jackets I have seen on you it's the best looking one, this pattern really works for you, especially the back. This is a perfect fit.

It's a keeper, congrats!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks great Chris.
Mine is in customs but hopefully it will arrive today, otherwise I'm away for work for a few days so fingers crossed.

Quilting looks great and not "too much" which I'll admit I was a little concerned about as this will be my first quilted jacket. The length looks good too, longish buco style but you can still get your hands in your pockets.

Hope mine fits me as well.

Edward

Bartender
Nice design. Puts me very much in mind of the Lewis Monitor(?) picked up recently. I'd venture a guess the Thedi is heavier hidde of the two, though.

Surferbruce

Familiar Face
I've been debating between a Thedi and a Board Racer for my next jacket, but I think this post has made up my mind. Really nice jacket. The padding looks so good, not extraneous or over done, but like it's meant to be that way.

dan_t

Practically Family
Lovely jacket & brilliant fit Chris!
I have eyed off the quilted model since I originally received your original one, particularly the one in their aged brown. They are amazing jackets. Beautiful hides & extremely well made.
Wear in good health!

Nice design. Puts me very much in mind of the Lewis Monitor(?) picked up recently. I'd venture a guess the Thedi is heavier hidde of the two, though.

'twas me. :) Looks similar to the Phantom, weight wise, though that's always hard to tell. Double stitching is curious, though. I've only seen this on Himel jackets.

pawineguy

One Too Many
I've been debating between a Thedi and a Board Racer for my next jacket, but I think this post has made up my mind. Really nice jacket. The padding looks so good, not extraneous or over done, but like it's meant to be that way.

I like that it really doesn't extend down the back, keeping a nice clean look back there, so from the front you have the shoulder padding, and from the back just the elbow pads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21