Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi Padded Cafe Racer in Italian HH

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Fanch, I just tried on one of my armored shirts and it will be comfortable, as the shirts fit so tight. The DD has larger upper arms and more of a pre-curve to the elbow, and the waist comes in tighter. I'll wear the DD more for just casual wear as opposed to this which will be for the bike. The DD leather is lighter and more flexible.
Chris, that 's great; virtually no duplication between this one and your others. ;):D

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I don't find Thedi jackets very appealing to be honest, I don't like the look of the leather and most of the designs... somehow, to me, they don't have the charme of an Aero, they somehow look "industrial" to me, not in a cheap mall jacket kind of way, but in a "hanging next to Belstaff" way. High quality, no question, but not that special thing about them, if anyone understands what I mean.. if not, excuse my ramble.

However...the jacket fits great! Front looks perfect, back could be a bit more tapered at the waist, but this is a detail so small that you shouldn't give a second thought and nothing you could expect on a non-bespoke jacket. Only one thing that troubles me is the collar/neck area. The neckhole looks too wide on the pictures, like if you zipped it up, it would still be fairly wide. This might be my mistake though.. just looks like it to me on the pictures.

Either way, it's a great fitting jacket and I hope you get much joy from wearing it!

The vintage vibe has definitely been toned down on Thedi jackets, but that's what I like. It's a fresh take on a relatively tired style, but one that still retaining all the important retro details and features, albeit moderately modernized. I think they look cool and sleek no matter how you look at 'em. I mean, you don't absolutely have to wear rolled up jeans and suspenders with Thedi jackets. :)

IXL

One Too Many
Quite a good-looking jacket. I could see myself in one. It should be the business when out bike riding.

pawineguy

One Too Many
I don't find Thedi jackets very appealing to be honest, I don't like the look of the leather and most of the designs... somehow, to me, they don't have the charme of an Aero, they somehow look "industrial" to me, not in a cheap mall jacket kind of way, but in a "hanging next to Belstaff" way. High quality, no question, but not that special thing about them, if anyone understands what I mean.. if not, excuse my ramble.

However...the jacket fits great! Front looks perfect, back could be a bit more tapered at the waist, but this is a detail so small that you shouldn't give a second thought and nothing you could expect on a non-bespoke jacket. Only one thing that troubles me is the collar/neck area. The neckhole looks too wide on the pictures, like if you zipped it up, it would still be fairly wide. This might be my mistake though.. just looks like it to me on the pictures.

Either way, it's a great fitting jacket and I hope you get much joy from wearing it!

Good observation on the collar, as I noticed it looked a little wide also. (although it is a very short collar, more similar to those on racing shirts) So, I took out the tape measure and pushed the collar flat and measured its width. It turns out it is 1/2" narrower than my DD J-100, and the same as my Vanson J-100. The width is an optical illusion caused by the shorter collar not coming further up the neck.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mine did turn up this morning [emoji38]
Here are a few quick selfies. I'll try to get some better ones in a few days.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457412288.644570.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457412302.154715.jpg

I really like it. Not sure how I'm going to justify having 3 black cafe racers to myself though!

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
The biggest difference seems to be the lack of a top coat on the Thedi HH, which makes it softer and more supple. This jacket seems to be slightly thicker than Vincenza, but just by a little bit.

Thanks Chris,

PN that's an awesome fit too.

My new mantra : don't buy a new jacket this year... don't buy a new jacket this year... don't buy a new jacket this year...

It does look ace, PN!! Make a thread for this beauty.

How long are these jackets back and front?

23" front you mean, from the bottom of the collar? Is there a drop on the front or the back, like on the J-100?

I think these are the coolest looking CR's you can get right now. The quilted padding is perfectly done. Both superb looking jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot