Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

They need to fact check

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
This was in my latest Harrington catalog"

Wear the Exact Same Hat Worn by Harrison Ford, as He Searched for The Ark of the Covenant in Raiders of the Lost Ark! Our wool fedora is the exact hat worn by Harrison Ford in all 3 adventure films, right down to the pinched crown and 21/2� brim. Made from 100% wool felt with genuine Grosgrain trim band in “Temple of Doom� Brown! Choose S-XXL.

herrington-catalog_1826_2712484

:rolleyes: [bad]

Heirphoto

New in Town
I guess it's all in how you look at "exact". Harrison Ford wore a brown felt Fedora in the movies. They are offering just that a brown felt Fedora.....end of story !
We of course know better. For many I guess that is all they see too, a brown felt Fedora.
I only found this group a few weeks ago and was both amazed and mystified. I told my wife "I can't believe this, umpteen years after the movie there are still a few hundred grown men agonizing over every detail on the movies, the characters and what they wore" in my second breath I said to her "I can't believe I didn't find this sooner, I feel like I'm home".
Now I have a Wested on the way and I dug my old bullwhip out of the basement and am shopping for my own brown felt Fedora!
Best,
Tony

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
"a few hundred men grown men"

Actually, Club Obi Wan http://www.indygear.com/forum/index.php?sid=b50cb215ce0d9775eabc22081f5adf91

has 1122 registered viewers, and the age varies from early teens to people who qualify for a senior discount. And yes they do all agonize over every detail of what Indy wore. Here at the fedora lounge we like most things vintage, some are Indy fans and some are not. But all are welcome, so we welcome you and your addiction. You're in good company in either place, but don't expect any help in getting yourself free from your addiction. It will only be fed by hanging out at these two places.

regards fedoralover

And if you really think it isn't an addiction, try not logging on for a few weeks.

Heirphoto

New in Town
Dejinetly getting my fix here and at OBi Wan. Probably stop by 3 or 4 times a day to check new posts.
It's no just Indy stuff that interestes me. Like most here there is a certian refined charm with the '30s and '40s that just does not turn up in society today. traditions in dress, manner and personal style. Today people seem to long to be extreme. back then there was room for individuality but there was a respect for accepted standards but enough room to stray a little and still make your own statement.
Although I was not born until the mid 1950s I enjoy the older era very much. Tonight after Xmass dinner instead of joining the younger crowd playing "Cranium" I settled in the living room with 2 80 year olds watching Cary Grant and Ingred Bergman in Indescretion. What a classic era.
Best,
Tony

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Welcome Home

Welcome to the Lounge Tony, pull up a chair, pour yourself a toddy, put Frank on in the background & enjoy the conversation. These people are the best!!!

MK..think you can moonlight as a fact checker for them? Wool? Oh well, I DO like the styling if nothing else.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Just offloaded one of those about two weeks ago. Sold it for 10.50.

And that's about what it's worth! There's a much better fur felt version, but it's probably still substandard when it comes to what we're used to around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80