Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is driving me crazy! Anyone remember seeing a jacket like this??

AeroLeatherUSA

New in Town
Recommendation for "JL"....

JLStorm said:
Id be using mine for hiking, camping, chopping wood, walking the dog in the winter. Temps from 5F - 25F. I would actually prefer a really high fill down jacket because they are so light, but they just rip so easy.

Hi "JL"

Why not a Carhartt like I suggested you go with a while back? Seems as though you thought it comical that I made a practical recommendation based on what you said you were going to use a jacket for?
Rather than suggesting an expensive leather jacket and coming across as wanting to sell you anything I was more concerned that you get something proper. Nice Aeros you had made and here's hoping they've served you well for their intended uses.
:)

Diamondback1

New in Town
DBLIII said:
I only know River Junction by reputation, which is absolutely first rate.

www.americanworkear.us might discount Filson 10% to 20% if you email them and ask, they used to do that but Filson went to "minimum advertised pricing" which is kind of tough to get around. AW will also get anything that Filson sells, not just what's on their site, and they ship free.

I have a Filson double mackinaw cruiser and it has been through every kind of winter condition imaginable over the past six or seven years and is doing fine. From covered with sawdust and chain saw oil at zero degrees F to covered with ice and blood during a bison hunt to snow, rain, dog hair, mud, probably many things I thankfully have forgotten. I have filled the pockets with nails, tools, ammo and no tears or holes. I've stayed warm.

Negatives? It is a big wool sack. I think the one with the shearling collar would look better, mine is really plain, this isn't a coat that anyone is going to notice. It has no style. Of course, that means it's not going out of style, either.
Agreed......they may not qualify for the front cover of the December issue of GQ, but if you're stuck out in wet snow or freezing rain the double cape Filson Macs can't be beat. There is a reason they don't last long on the second-hand market.......most folks don't part with them; when they show up used, they "disappear" quickly. Many are handed down from father to son.

Hi "JL"

Why not a Carhartt like I suggested you go with a while back? Seems as though you thought it comical that I made a practical recommendation based on what you said you were going to use a jacket for?
Rather than suggesting an expensive leather jacket and coming across as wanting to sell you anything I was more concerned that you get something proper. Nice Aeros you had made and here's hoping they've served you well for their intended uses.

While "generic"......Carhartt's are a good inexpensive suggestion as a "chore" coat.

- regards

JLStorm

Practically Family
AeroLeatherUSA said:
Hi "JL"

:)

Two completely separate topics. My Jackets are used for work and casual wear that I had Aero make. I have since been promoted (mid 2009) and now only need the jackets for casual wear as all my work is done in conference rooms and my home office. This jacket is for hiking and camping. I decided to just deal with it and get a down coat, if it gets destroyed I'll get something else next year.

Aero Leather in Scotland made me the exact custom jackets I needed for both work and play. They did not attemp to simply "sell me something", they spent weeks with me designing a jacket around my needs to my exact measurements.

You do realize that you are posting on an outerwear forum? I have 2 closets full of jackets lol. Ive just simply changed my tastes and increased my budget over the years.

AeroLeatherUSA

New in Town
JLStorm said:
Two completely separate topics. My Jackets are used for work and casual wear that I had Aero make. I have since been promoted (mid 2009) and now only need the jackets for casual wear as all my work is done in conference rooms and my home office. This jacket is for hiking and camping. I decided to just deal with it and get a down coat, if it gets destroyed I'll get something else next year.

Aero Leather in Scotland made me the exact custom jackets I needed for both work and play. They did not attemp to simply "sell me something", they spent weeks with me designing a jacket around my needs to my exact measurements.

You do realize that you are posting on an outerwear forum? I have 2 closets full of jackets lol. Ive just simply changed my tastes and increased my budget over the years.

Good one "JL"! :eusa_clap

Aer454

New in Town
Anyone know what coat Jake Gyllenhaal is wearing in Brokeback Mountain? It looks similar to that Filson coat with the large sherling collar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner