Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

Biscuit? I always though that the alternative to sponge cake was a split cream scone, which is sort of like a biscuit, but a but richer. That 's how I make the dish, anyway.

I would put the scone and biscuit in the same family; whereas, the sponge cake is a different animal.

Mallow cups vs. Valomilk

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I would put the scone and biscuit in the same family; whereas, the sponge cake is a different animal.

Mallow cups vs. Valomilk
Definitely the same family, but a world of difference in the making. Just ran off a batch of cream scones with raisins yesterday. The scalded milk sponge is actually a good deal quicker.

Valomilk, by the way.

Mohair or Frieze?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Double hung, with sash weights. Or failing that, one of those notched wooden sticks from the prison outlet store to prop them open.

Ceiling light or wall fixture?

Yes.

Or are you asking where the percolator is plugged in? In that case ceiling light.

I cannot imagine a period interior with paint. It was done, but generally only in very elegant or very rough surroundings, for the flat paints of the time were less than satisfactory, at least until the introduction of Kem-Tone.

Single play or record changer?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I've got a Sherwin-Williams Style Guide from 1940 which, of course, heavily pushes paint. Semi-gloss was still the way to go at that point, but they did offer a few choices in flat. The invention of the paint roller, of course, was still a couple of years away, but they seemed to have enough business to print up a gigantic book full of Kodachrome pictures to promote it.

Single play. My grandparents' Firestone Air Chief had a changer, and there were lots of cracked records to show for it.

Steel or Tungs-Tone?

greatestescaper

One of the Regulars
Laurel, for the faces.

Abbott or Costello?

(which was going to be my question before I saw which I'd be answering...just finished Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein last night)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
5062262558_7f7bc2eee6_o.jpg

Relish or piccalilli?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou