Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

Hmmm...the NY Giants moved to San Francisco. The NFL team is the "New York Football Giants."

And it still drives me nuts that they are called the New York Giants - they play their home games in New Jersey and have for thirty years. What a slap in the face to NJ - "we'll play here, but we won't take your name."

LizzieMaine

Bartender
When the Dodgers moved west, such was the strength of their "Brooklyn" branding that Walter F. O'Malley seriously considered calling them "The Brooklyn Dodgers Of Los Angeles." Mr. Moreno, of course, has adopted a similar strategy for "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim."

I think the thread is in need of an open "This or That," but if I'm jumping someone (I looked back and didn't see one), please just repost ahead of me.

"Too Many Husbands" or "My Favorite Wife"

Life is worth living especially with a Zeiss Ikon. :)

Black & White or color film format?

Black and White. For me, the rich B&Ws (especially from the 50s, but really all of them) are counterintuitively a better way to see a movie than in color (with some notable exceptions).

"Shop Around the Corner" or "In the Summer Time?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo