Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This "sucks"... the Hoover And Other Vintage Vacuum Cleaners

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Right? That's what I thought... My friend found it at an antique shop in Long Beach and asked if he should get it... and he emailed me some photos and told me it was marked at $50 bucks... I told him to BUY IT OR I WOULD! lol

After much rubbing and buffing with Mother's polish, it came out rather nice.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Near original condition. To me, I see some updated parts. The bag is an early replacement, from the early 30s. The handle is same they used on the 575's. The true 700's had a separate aluminum and black plastic handle grip that attached to the shaft. The original bag would have been all black and said "The HOOVER" in orange print. Also, the bumper was replaced at one time. My machine has the same type of replacement bumper on it.

It is a very complete machine with the rare scissor bag spreader... it's a great cleaner but $365.00? It started so low but, it's now pushing $400. hundred bucks!!! I've never seen one of these go for that! I would say it would be worth it if it was fully restored and had the original bag and "HOOVER" bumper and correct 700 handle.

Someone must really want that machine!:eek:

Forgotten Man said:
Near original condition. To me, I see some updated parts. The bag is an early replacement, from the early 30s. The handle is same they used on the 575's. The true 700's had a separate aluminum and black plastic handle grip that attached to the shaft. The original bag would have been all black and said "The HOOVER" in orange print. Also, the bumper was replaced at one time. My machine has the same type of replacement bumper on it.

It is a very complete machine with the rare scissor bag spreader... it's a great cleaner but $365.00? It started so low but, it's now pushing $400. hundred bucks!!! I've never seen one of these go for that! I would say it would be worth it if it was fully restored and had the original bag and "HOOVER" bumper and correct 700 handle.

Someone must really want that machine!:eek:

See what you caused? ;) :p

bobbydavis

One of the Regulars
I had no idea that it would climb to that price!

Last night the high bid was 51.00.

I don't know if one will every see those machines in original condition
again.

It is in very good condition for its age.

Next time.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
I think he was respecting the "no live ebay auction" policy? [huh]

Now, many here have enjoyed Bobby's postings and I know for SURE that I am one of his fans!!! Such a nice collection of suction sweepers... So, please stick around! I'd be feelin' blue if ya packed up and left... seems we have some things in common.

This thread has become a great thread because of your contributions! :D

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Dumped the bag to the 700 Hoover the other day... That thing was FULL!!! No wonder they suggest it to be emptied after every use! lol

These old cleaners do pick up dirt... I just love my '27 Hoover 700!

Anyone else pick one up or may be thinking of investing in an antique Hoover?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Forgotten Man said:
Now, many here have enjoyed Bobby's postings and I know for SURE that I am one of his fans!!! Such a nice collection of suction sweepers... So, please stick around! I'd be feelin' blue if ya packed up and left... seems we have some things in common.

This thread has become a great thread because of your contributions! :D
I'll say, do you realize that virtually all of bobby's posts (74 of 76) have been on this thread.

bobbydavis

One of the Regulars
THEAPEXSUCTIONSWEEPER-1.jpg
[/IMG]
bobbydavis said:
THEAPEXSUCTIONCLEANER.jpg
[/IM

My mom had this exact Apex. I remember it well.
Strictly a suction cleaner. The switch was a round grooved knob at the top of the handle. Twist it in the same direction to turn the machine on or off.[/QUOTE]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner