Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Edward

Bartender
Yes, grainier than FQHH, to my eye, but not as grainy as Bison.... Steer seems likely. The marbling variation in the colour is outstanding. Works really well on a jacket with such simple lines that jut let the hide do the talking for itself.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Definitely Steer, it's confirmed on the Thurston website and at one point that pic was emailed to me as an example of brown Steer. I can't imagine a better promotional shot for that leather. As Edward notes above, it's really showcased in a simple design where your eyes are drawn to the texture and color rather to other jacket details.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Here's a beautifully aged Aero Hercules in cordovan Chromexcel front quarter horsehide...

Aero Hercules cordovan horsehide.jpg

www.thurston-bros.com

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Looks gorgeous! Seems like the more complicated, double rider-styled jackets are coming through now... Is my J106 gonna be up next? :D

Hi Mendel,

For each given production month, the J106s are some of the last to come through because fewer of Aero's machinists make the J106s...however, your jacket should be through soon....

pawineguy

One Too Many
You actually got this jacket?! I am so jealous! The style is spectacular!! Kind of reminds me of the Vanson Daredevil... That one's going on the list ;) any name for this new Aero style yet?

Yes, just bought it, arrives tomorrow. Green OD stitching clinched it for me, green plaid lining... I've heard a rumor about a name but I'm sure Carrie will reveal it when they are ready. And yes, very similar to the Daredevil in design.

$_58.jpg
$_59.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw