Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Damo

A-List Customer
Thx Carrie,

I spent some time on this thread and really really like the brown steerhide j106 in Post #1737 on pg 174. That jacket looks amazing... What is the price of it? What is the thickness of that leather?? How does it do in the rain? and do you have any pics of someone wearing that jacket?

Thanks

Last edited:

GregO

One of the Regulars

pawineguy

One Too Many
I like the tumbled hide -- looks like its got 6 months of wear on it right out of the box. And that lining is rather festive. Cool combo.

Does the antique brass hardware always look sort of gray, or is that just how it shows up in pics?

On my screen it doesn't look gray it all, I will post some other pics when it arrives.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thx Carrie,

I spent some time on this thread and really really like the brown steerhide j106 in Post #1737 on pg 174. That jacket looks amazing... What is the price of it? What is the thickness of that leather?? How does it do in the rain? and do you have any pics of someone wearing that jacket?

Thanks

Hi Damo,

That's 3.5 oz. Brown CXL Steerhide. The Base Price is $1199.99 USD. CXL Steer does great in the rain... We don't have photos of anyone wearing that jacket, but our website has a lot of fit photos for you to view---www.thurston-bros.com

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I like the tumbled hide -- looks like its got 6 months of wear on it right out of the box. And that lining is rather festive. Cool combo.

Does the antique brass hardware always look sort of gray, or is that just how it shows up in pics?

Hi GregO,

The antique brass always looks a tad tarnished...not grey, but dulled....hope that is of help....

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We're open today from 12pm-6pm PST. Stop on by to try on some great jackets or get custom fitted for Aero and Vanson!

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero half belt.jpg

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
He can have all the jackets in the world but it isn't until they all seem to fit him as well as they do that I start to get jealous ;)

pawineguy

One Too Many
He can have all the jackets in the world but it isn't until they all seem to fit him as well as they do that I start to get jealous ;)

Working with Thurston on fit is a pleasure. I think I'm also lucky in being pretty easy to fit. Will have the new jackets up soon, wore them both around town today and I'm pretty pleased.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Just a couple of observations before fit pictures tomorrow - comparison of the color and grain of the Russet Vincenza (lighter) and the tumbled brown HH. The first two pics show the front of the jackets, where the grain is distinctly different, but on the sleeve, perhaps because of curvature of the leather... it is much less so. The tumbled is softer than the regular FQHH, but with similar weight. The Vincenza is lighter and more supple than the tumbled, and slightly lighter in weight, but not dramatically so, IMO. The leather shows a little darker in these pictures, but the flash washed it out too much. Tomorrow I will use the daylight to show the true colors better.

IMG_4151.JPG
IMG_4152.JPG
IMG_4154.JPG

GregO

One of the Regulars
pawineguy - are the three racer style jackets you just picked up (the Board Racer, the Sheene and the Sonoma) all the same size - 42?

pawineguy

One Too Many
pawineguy - are the three racer style jackets you just picked up (the Board Racer, the Sheene and the Sonoma) all the same size - 42?

Correct - the fit of the Sonoma and Sheene are virtually identical. The Sheene appears a bit looser in the chest, but I think much of that is due to the difference in the weight of the leather. I added a little room in the jacket from the armpits down on both jackets. The stock 42 fit fairly well but as casual jackets I wanted a little bit of extra layering room.

The Board Racer is obviously the slimmest fit, and is not built for layering. It's a stock 42.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw