Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Another beauty for our Featured Stock page! Aero Highwayman in Brown CXL Steerhide with a Capercaillie tartan lining--https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/featured-stock/products/aero-highwayman-sz-42-brown-chromexcel-steerhide-2

Aero Highwayman Brown Steerhide 42 91 Capercaillie tartan lining smaller.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown Steerhide 42 91 front smaller.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown Steerhide 42 91 tag smaller.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown Steerhide 42 91 cuff smaller.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown Steerhide 42 91 back smaller.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown Steerhide 42 91 yoke smaller.jpg

Killick

One of the Regulars
Oh dang... Custom Size 48 Vanson Star Jacket that we just delivered to our customer here in WA! This iconic jacket is truly a piece of motorcycle and fashion history. It comes from Vanson's motorcycle flat track days in the 1970s and 1980s, and became a fashion staple in the 1990s. Remember when motorcycle racers inspired huge fashion trends?!?

Now that is sweeeeeet Carrie. I had a pair of Vanson leather riding pants back in the day. The quality was 2nd to none. Actually I gave them to my brother when I stopped riding. He still uses them and they look great 20 25 years old.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Here's a great photo that we took for a customer who asked to see three of our Thedi leather colors side-by-side--Black Horsehide, Dark Brown Horsehide and Caffe Buffalo! The photo demonstrates the color of the Dark Brown Horsehide relative to the Caffe Buffalo and Black Horsehide...the Dark Brown Horsehide is a deep, chocolate brown that will age beautifully.

Check out our Thedi catalog here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/thedi-leathers

Thedi Black, Dark Brown and Caffe colors smaller.jpg

Last edited:

Lord LALA

New in Town
Hi Carrie, I'm in the process of replacing my Vicenza Board Racer and I'm wondering about the various linings.

My previous BR had a lightweight OD green cotton lining (living in SoCal) which I was happy with...nevertheless, can you post up some side by side pics of the other lightweight cotton linings for comparison?

TIA Joe

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie, I'm in the process of replacing my Vicenza Board Racer and I'm wondering about the various linings.

My previous BR had a lightweight OD green cotton lining (living in SoCal) which I was happy with...nevertheless, can you post up some side by side pics of the other lightweight cotton linings for comparison?

TIA Joe

Hi Joe,

There are a number of great options for a super lightweight cotton lining! Here are some options:

Lanark cotton tartan--
Aero Route 66 Brown CXL FQHH Lanark cotton tartan lining.jpg

Royal Stewart cotton tartan--
Aero Board Racer Cordovan CXL FQHH Red Stewart cotton tartan lining.jpg

Cheviot Check cotton--
Aero Aeromarine Russet Vicenza Horsehide Cheviot Check cotton liningsmaller.jpg

Black cotton sateen--
Aero Board Racer Olive Vicenza Horsehide black cotton sateen lining.jpg

Wine cotton sateen--
Aero Cafe Racer Black Vicenza Horsehide red cotton sateen lining.jpg

Olive cotton sateen--
Aero Board Racer Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide 40 olive cotton sateen lining.jpg

Sir Jacket

Practically Family

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Here's a heavy-duty combination--super thick Brown CXL Steerhide with a Brown Alpaca wool lining! This one is enroute to its new owner in Canada... The Aero Cafe Racer has always been a great seller and its classic styling ensures that it will always be a staple in our Thurston catalog! Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and start your custom order.

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Cafe Racer Brown CXL Steerhide 73 alpaca lining.jpg
Aero Cafe Racer Brown CXL Steerhide 73 front.jpg
Aero Cafe Racer Brown CXL Steerhide 73 tag.jpg
Aero Cafe Racer Brown CXL Steerhide 73 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Cafe Racer Brown CXL Steerhide 73 back.jpg
Aero Cafe Racer Brown CXL Steerhide 73 side straps.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Another heavy-duty jacket ready for next fall! Custom Aero Pre-War Irvin in Russet Shearling. It's almost time to think about that shearling jacket that you resolve to buy each year, but forget about until it starts to get cold! A shearling jacket order in the spring ensures a pre-fall delivery... Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and start your custom shearling order!

Aero Pre-War Irvin Russet Shearling size 44 open.jpg
Aero Pre-War Irvin Russet Shearling size 44 front.jpg
Aero Pre-War Irvin Russet Shearling size 44 sleeve.jpg
Aero Pre-War Irvin Russet Shearling size 44 belt.jpg
Aero Pre-War Irvin Russet Shearling size 44 back.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Custom Aero Thunderbay in Black Vicenza Horsehide with a Natural Shearling collar and lining! This jacket is both beauty and beast--perfect for comfortable winter wear! You can read more about the Aero Thunderbay here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/products/aero-thunderbay If you'd like to get started with your custom Thunderbay order, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket!

Aero Thunderbay Black Vicenza Horsehide Natural Shearling front.jpg
Aero Thunderbay Black Vicenza Horsehide Natural Shearling lining.jpg
Aero Thunderbay Black Vicenza Horsehide Natural Shearling collar.jpg
Aero Thunderbay Black Vicenza Horsehide Natural Shearling belt.jpg
Aero Thunderbay Black Vicenza Horsehide Natural Shearling back.jpg
Aero Thunderbay Black Vicenza Horsehide Natural Shearling yoke grain.jpg

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
Another heavy-duty jacket ready for next fall! Custom Aero Pre-War Irvin in Russet Shearling. It's almost time to think about that shearling jacket that you resolve to buy each year, but forget about until it starts to get cold! A shearling jacket order in the spring ensures a pre-fall delivery... Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and start your custom shearling order!

View attachment 72461 View attachment 72462 View attachment 72463 View attachment 72464 View attachment 72465

Absolutely lovely jacket! An Irvin is definitely on the bucket list, and will be a much appreciated accessory when I buy my next car: a Miata or other top down sports car. I love my ANJ-4 that I bought from you, but there is a rakish, sporty quality to the Irvin that's unique. Timeline is 4-5 years and I'm weighing all options, but that ginger shearling and the realism of the zips in those pictures answers a lot of my questions.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Absolutely lovely jacket! An Irvin is definitely on the bucket list, and will be a much appreciated accessory when I buy my next car: a Miata or other top down sports car. I love my ANJ-4 that I bought from you, but there is a rakish, sporty quality to the Irvin that's unique. Timeline is 4-5 years and I'm weighing all options, but that ginger shearling and the realism of the zips in those pictures answers a lot of my questions.

Here's the fit photo on this jacket...looks good!

Brian loves his new Aero Original Pre-War RAF Flying Jacket from Thurston Bros! #welovecustomerphotos

www.thurston-bros.com

Brian RAF Pre-War.jpg

Lord LALA

New in Town

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy