Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tiki Parties

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Mr Vim said:
But everyone I talk to ask me "why Tiki?"
And I say why not!

And people just look at me blankly. I can't stand it.
Sounds like you're running with some rubes. Tiki theme parties are quite common on the charity circuits in both NYC and Chicago, winter as well as summer.

Adcurium

A-List Customer
The actual Tiki Bar

about 6 months ago I saw Tiki Bars for sale at Bed Bath and Beyond for less than $200. I can't find any online for under $400. Any suggestions on where I can purchase on on the cheap?

Rock31

Familiar Face
I am not sure if you have Christmas Tree Shops where you live but they usually have them for around $200 during the summer months. When I moved into my house my grandpa, my dad and myself built one over a weekend, found the plans online and went to work. Here are some pictures, can't recall the final cost though. There are plans online for much smaller/simpler ones as well, but my grandpa always goes over the top :)

bardone.jpg

l_6aa7801e1249ccba67c8ccceb72b7a68.jpg

Adcurium

A-List Customer
Rock31 said:
I am not sure if you have Christmas Tree Shops where you live but they usually have them for around $200 during the summer months. When I moved into my house my grandpa, my dad and myself built one over a weekend, found the plans online and went to work. Here are some pictures, can't recall the final cost though. There are plans online for much smaller/simpler ones as well, but my grandpa always goes over the top :)

bardone.jpg

Wow! That's a fine looking bar! I certainly don't have the know-how of
Skill to build something like that. I saw the tiki bar at the Xmas tree shop that you mentioned but I didn't buy it. So when I decided this weekend that I wanted
One, they were sold out. Which is just my luck...

HepKitty

One Too Many
Rock31 said:

bardone.jpg

I love it!!! where did you find the instructions?

Rock31

Familiar Face
Thanks!!

I will have to look around for the manual, this was about three years ago. If I can't find them on my PC I know I still have the paper manual somewhere in my shed. Let me look tomorrow and see if I still have the PDF saved on my work PC.

Adcurium

A-List Customer
I would love to see some schematics also! Well, I wated an entire day off (we celebrate VJ Day here in RI as a State holiday) searching for a Tiki bar. All the Xmas tree shops and Bed Bath and Beyond's sold out. So, I bought these 'brackets' at Lowes that you use to create a shelving unit. And I thought... a bar isn't much different? Right? So my first question is... would a 6 foot bar be long enough? Also... how high is the 'typical' bar? And... how high should the clearance be for walking under the roof?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner