Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Too many ties! What to do! How to store them!

Adcurium

A-List Customer
I've got waaay too many ties. I could probably get rid of 80% of them and I would never miss them. But indent want to do that bc I lime seeing a shirt/suit/tie combo in a catalogue or on tv and knowing that I probably have a similar tie and can therefore pull off that look the next day. I keep them on several multiple-hooked tie racks which hang in my closet but it is always a mess and somehow causes me stress. So my question is: what do you gentlemen do?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Post them on the Fedora Lounge Classifieds.:D Besides that, buy more tie racks.:eusa_doh: It really becomes a habit, let me tell you. As far as future buying goes, you really need to be more discriminating, which is what I have become over the last year or so. It's hard, but you've gotta try, cat!

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Widebrim has seen the suitcase I tote my ties around in. I have a handful of vintage tie racks that bolt onto the wall, they even have little dials that help you coordinate your colors! The rest hang in the closet.

I don't understand some of these terms like "too many' but I store about 1,000 of them myself. Sort them by color and type. You can find them easier that way. I use tie racks for a small part but mostly they hang on hangers in the closet. The wood hangers that you use to hang suits on with the clamprod for the pants works best. Put the ties on the rod, clamp it shut and they stay put. You can store plenty that way as long as the closet space holds out. :D

Adcurium

A-List Customer
Gentlemn, Thank you for the suggestions! I decided to use the top drawer of my beaureu (formerly my 'drawer-drawer') to store my rolled ties. It is only a few inches deep so it is a perfect fit. I can now open my top drawer and view most of my ties at once. I'll post a photo tomorrow.

On a related note, I should really do a tie 'pay it
Forward'. Perhaps we should organize a tie club. Chose a tie, any tie, vintage or modern, new or used, put it in an envelope and mail it off to the next person on the list...

Adcurium

A-List Customer
Here's aphoto of my new tie drawer. My wife asked me if I play "Working at Nordstrom" when she isn't around...

TieDrawer.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo